The Mountaineer Fitness Center (MFC) provides a quality space for fitness facilities, recreation offices, academic classes, athletic offices, and health and wellness
Alumni, Faculty, staff, and students may use the MFC facilities.
Schreiner’s Fitness & Group Exercise is dedicated to helping students set and reach health-related goals in a variety of ways. Free fitness classes are offered throughout the week. All classes are set at an experience level that will help you effectively exercise, but not leave you behind if you happen to miss one. Along with free fitness classes, the Fitness Coordinator offers advising and consultation. Classes are open to all experience levels, all fitness levels, and for everyone to utilize.
Campus Recreation offers multiple intramural leagues and tournaments for individual and team sports. The different intramurals include: flag football, dodgeball, indoor volleyball, basketball, sand volleyball, indoor soccer, kickball and racquetball.
Swimming Pool Hours
- The pool will be closed until the Spring semester.
Follow @sucampusrec on Instagram for updates.
*Schedule will vary depending on Lifeguard availability and Holiday Schedules
*If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a Lifeguard, please contact email@example.com
- Check In
- Pool use is for Schreiner University Members: Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni, and Recognized Dependents
- Must have Schreiner ID to enter
- Must check in with lifeguards by entrance
- Current SU Employees and Students with families must fill out a Family Pool Card at the MFC in the Director’s office or the Weight Room Desk
- Alumni and Students may bring 1 guest per group.
- For each additional guest, a $10 per guest fee will be charged for a single use.
- Any group in attendance that passes 8 people need to reserve the event through Event Services.
- Organized parties/events must schedule use with Event Services (830-792-7456)
- Scheduled groups must reserve swim times with Event Services and participate in swim test
- If the pool is reserved during hours of operation, only members of the event may access the facility.
- The disc golf course is an 9-hole disc golf course open to all students, faculty, staff, & alumni. Download our course maps and scorecards or pick one up in the Campus Rec office.
- The court is located behind the swimming pool and is open to all students, faculty, staff, & alumni.
- This athletic gymnasium is home to intramurals, open basketball, volleyball and more!
Schreiner University’s Mountaineer Adventure Program (M.A.P.) offers an opportunity for students to reach outside the box and embark on a volunteer adventure trip of a lifetime. Going one step further, M.A.P. challenges a student’s leadership and team-working capabilities by placing them in an unfamiliar environment where they must work together as a team to help preserve our most essential asset – the natural environment.
Campus Recreation offer multiple M.A.P. programs throughout the school year. Our motto is “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” (-John Muir)
M.A.P also acts as a travel agency. Have an idea for a trip? Get a group together and we will get you the best discounted rate possible. We do all they work for you, so you don’t have to! Check us out on Facebook at Schreiner University Campus Recreation for all our photos and trips of past.
Some of the M.A.P programs include: skiing, snowboarding, zip lining, kayaking, paintballing, fishing, trail biking, camping, and hiking.