Schreiner University’s four year Bachelor of Science in nursing program is committed to advancing the nursing profession through the holistic educational preparation of health professionals. The program consists of two years of prerequisite courses, followed by a second competitive application process and two years of upper level nursing courses and hands on clinical training. The program is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
“For the 17th year in a row, the public rated nursing as the most honest and ethical profession in America, with an 84 percent rating of high/very high, according to a recently released Gallup survey. Nurses have claimed the top spot since 1999, the first year they were included in the survey, with the exception of 2001, when firefighters were voted No. 1 in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.” – nurse.org
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Schreiner University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org)
- Acceptance to Schreiner University
- Completion of all pre-requisites prior to the start of the program
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in all pre-requisite coursework, with a “B” or better for all math and science courses
- $50 Application fee
- Nursing CAS Application
- Schreiner BSN Application – Found Here
- ATI TEAS entrance exam (minimum of a 75 required)
- Physical examination, health insurance, and completed immunizations
- Clearance from the Texas Board of Nursing clearing student to take the nursing license exam after graduation
- 500-word essay describing the applicant’s reasons for pursuing a nursing career
*Find more details in the BSN Handbook
- Fall Semester
- April 12th
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Complete all next steps required for a freshman or transfer
- Sign and return the acceptance form to the Nursing Department Office
- Sign up and complete the required Criminal Background Check and send approval documentation to the Nursing Department
Frequently Asked Questions
In 2017, Schreiner University had an 85.71% pass rate and in 2018, Schreiner University had a 94% pass rate.
YES! The BSN program at Schreiner University is approved by the Texas Board of Nursing and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. We are a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
In addition to the Schreiner Core class requirements, students are required to take:
- BIOL 2401/2402 – Anatomy/Physiology I/Lab and II/Lab
- CHEM 1301/1101 – General Chemistry or CHEM 1403
- ENGL 1301/1302 – English Composition I and II
- ENGL 3307 – Advanced Composition
- IDST 1301
- Elective in the Aesthetic Appreciation Category (3 hours)
- Global Perspective (6 Hours)
- MATH 1310 College Algebra or higher
- BIOL 3414 – Microbiology/Lab
- BIOL 2331 – Nutrition
- Philosophy/Religion (3 Hours)
- Engagement (3 Hours)
- PSYC 1301 – Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC 2300 – Child and Lifespan Development
- SOCI 1301 – Introduction to Sociology
- Communication – (6 hours)
- MATH 2330 – Statistics
- Analytical Abilities (6 hours)
- Personal/Social Responsibility (3 Hours)
The Schreiner University BSN program accepts 30 students into the program.
No. Schreiner University only accepts students for the fall semester.
We would be happy to answer any of your questions!
You will have the opportunity to experience campus on a tour led by a current student as well as meet with a faculty member and one of our admissions team members to talk about your application, scholarships and financial aid! Tours are available Monday through Friday at 10 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM, and select Saturdays in the Spring.