- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- Official high school transcripts or GED test scores
- Two reference forms
- Can be submitted through the online application or the form can be completed here.
- These references should be completed by a current or former employer or person who can give a character and performance evaluation. This should NOT be a relative or friend.
- This essay should include why the applicant wants to be a nurse, the steps the applicant is taking to make sure the one-year commitment to the VN program can be fulfilled, the applicant’s academic record from high school and/or college, and where the applicant hopes the education will lead them over the next 10 years.
- Official college transcripts (if any)
- An assessment in Math and English
- This requirement can be met by submitting SAT, ACT, THEA (formally TASP), TSI or ACCUPLACER scores, or by having college algebra and English from an accredited institution. Students without any of these can take Schreiner Assessment exam by contacting the admission counselor.
- Drug testing
- Background check
Find more details in the Vocational Nursing Handbook
September 1st, 2021
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
- Complete your financial aid on Schreiner One
- Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance
- Obtain your Basic Life Support CPR certification
- Submit immunization records and proof of health insurance
- Attend orientation
Eligible students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA. Students will be considered for federal Pell grants and federal direct student loans. Pell grant amounts will vary from $0-$5818 annually. In addition, all first-time students will receive a $1,000 grant from our generous Schreiner donors!
We also offer an Outside Scholarship Program which works with students applying for outside scholarships. To find out more please contact Financial Services: 830-792-7303 | FinancialServices@schreiner.edu. You can also connect with us on Facebook.
Vocational nursing students are also eligible to use payment plans programs.
Students are also urged to contact their local Texas Workforce Solutions as some students may be eligible for the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) program, which offers additional assistance for educational and living expenses.
Vocational Nursing students starting their program January 2020 can expect the following program costs:
VIEW: PROGRAM COSTS AND OTHER FEES
Please contact the Financial Services office with any questions. You can reach us at FinancialServices@schreiner.edu, 1-800-343-4919 or 830-792-7303, or visit us in person in the Welcome Center. Our office is open Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm.
We are here to help you through this process.
The Office of Financial Services at Schreiner University is committed to assisting students in obtaining the best financial aid award possible. However, it is the student’s responsibility to comply with all requirements necessary to complete the financial aid process. In addition, the Office of Financial Services is not responsible for the student’s financial obligations to Schreiner University. Each student must verify their account balance and make arrangements for any amounts not covered by financial services.