Schreiner University’s Vocational Nursing program is a one year program, held from January to December. Students participating in the program will participate in all required coursework necessary to receive their VN certification.
- Students can apply at
- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- Official high school transcripts or GED test scores
- Two reference forms
- These references should be completed by a current or former employer or person who can give a character and performance evaluation. This should NOT be a relative or friend.
- This essay should include why the applicant wants to be a nurse, the steps the applicant is taking to make sure the one-year commitment to the VN program can be fulfilled, the applicant’s academic record from high school and/or college, and where the applicant hopes the education will lead them over the next 10 years.
- Official college transcripts (if any)
- An assessment in Math and English
- This requirement can be met by submitting SAT, ACT, THEA (formally TASP), TSI or ACCUPLACER scores. It can also be waived by having college algebra and English from an accredited institution.
- Drug testing
- Background check
Find more details in the Vocational Nursing Handbook
- January Start
- September 1st
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
- Complete your financial aid on Schreiner One
- Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance
- Obtain your Basic Life Support CPR certification
- Submit immunization records and proof of health insurance
- Attend orientation
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact us at email@example.com or by phone at . You will also receive an email with an application tracker that will show you what has and has not been received.
Schreiner One is the admission portal used for all admitted to current students. Once you are accepted, you will receive an email with your login credentials. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive it right away.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – We can resend your information to the email we have on file.
A college GPA of a 2.0 or higher will exempt applicants from taking any test and will meet the Math and English standards. Required test scores can be found below:
Required scores you need on the ACCUPLACER:
- Reading Comprehension – 78
- Sentence Skills – 80
- Essay – 6
- Math – 75
Required scores you need on the TSI:
- Math – 350
- Reading – 355
- Writing* – Essay score of 5 and multiple choice of 350
- Composite Score 20
- 940 (before 1/1/2016)
- 1020 (after 1/1/2016)
The scores you need for the THEA is as follows:
- Math – 230
- Reading – 230
- Writing – 220/5
We would be happy to answer any of your questions!
You will have the opportunity to experience campus on a tour led by a current student as well as meet with a faculty member and one of our admissions team members to talk about your application, scholarships and financial aid! Tours are available Monday through Friday at 10 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM, and select Saturdays in the Spring.