Schreiner University’s Vocational Nursing program is a one year program, held from January to December. Students participating in the program will participate in all required coursework necessary to receive their VN certification. VN Pass Rate: Schreiner University LVN Pass Rate is 85% from 2011-2015.
Get more information at one of our Information Sessions! SIGN UP HERE Meet with faculty, admissions staff, and current students to find out more about the program and to see if it is the right fit for you!
- Students can apply at
- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- Official high school transcripts or GED test scores
- Two reference forms
- These references should be completed by a current or former employer or person who can give a character and performance evaluation. This should NOT be a relative or friend.
- This essay should include why the applicant wants to be a nurse, the steps the applicant is taking to make sure the one-year commitment to the VN program can be fulfilled, the applicant’s academic record from high school and/or college, and where the applicant hopes the education will lead them over the next 10 years.
- Official college transcripts (if any)
- An assessment in Math and English
- This requirement can be met by submitting SAT, ACT, THEA (formally TASP), TSI or ACCUPLACER scores. It can also be waived by having college algebra and English from an accredited institution.
- Drug testing
- Background check
Find more details in the Vocational Nursing Handbook
September 15th, 2020
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
- Complete your financial aid on Schreiner One
- Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance
- Obtain your Basic Life Support CPR certification
- Submit immunization records and proof of health insurance
- Attend orientation
Eligible students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA. Students will be considered for federal Pell grants and federal direct student loans. Pell grant amounts will vary from $0-$5818 annually. In addition, all first-time students will receive a $1,000 grant from our generous Schreiner donors!
We also offer an Outside Scholarship Program which works with students applying for outside scholarships. To find out more please contact Financial Services: 830-792-7303 | FinancialServices@schreiner.edu. You can also connect with us on Facebook.
Vocational nursing students are also eligible to use payment plans programs.
Students are also urged to contact their local Texas Workforce Solutions as some students may be eligible for the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) program, which offers additional assistance for educational and living expenses.
Vocational Nursing students starting their program January 2020 can expect the following program costs:
Please contact the Financial Services office with any questions. You can reach us at FinancialServices@schreiner.edu, 1-800-343-4919 or 830-792-7303, or visit us in person in the Welcome Center. Our office is open Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm.
We are here to help you through this process.
The Office of Financial Services at Schreiner University is committed to assisting students in obtaining the best financial aid award possible. However, it is the student’s responsibility to comply with all requirements necessary to complete the financial aid process. In addition, the Office of Financial Services is not responsible for the student’s financial obligations to Schreiner University. Each student must verify their account balance and make arrangements for any amounts not covered by financial services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Schreiner One is the admission portal used for all admitted to current students. Once you are accepted, you will receive an email with your login credentials. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive it right away.
Email email@example.com – We can resend your information to the email we have on file.
A college GPA of a 2.0 or higher will exempt applicants from taking any test and will meet the Math and English standards. Required test scores can be found below:
Required scores you need on the ACCUPLACER:
- Reading Comprehension – 78
- Sentence Skills – 80
- Essay – 6
- Math – 75
Required scores you need on the TSI:
- Math – 350
- Reading – 355
- Writing* – Essay score of 5 and multiple choice of 350
- Composite Score 20
- 940 (before 1/1/2016)
- 1020 (after 1/1/2016)
The scores you need for the THEA is as follows:
- Math – 230
- Reading – 230
- Writing – 220/5
We would be happy to answer any of your questions!
You will have the opportunity to experience campus on a tour led by a current student as well as meet with a faculty member and one of our admissions team members to talk about your application, scholarships and financial aid! Tours are available Monday through Friday at 9 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM.