Schreiner Institute

Coming Soon for Fall 2020

Schreiner Institute – Serving Military Programs and Veteran Affairs

More information to follow

Shannon Deville

Shannon Deville
Director of Schreiner Institute

  • Application
    • Students can apply at

      Apply Texas

      or the Schreiner University application: . Be sure to select “Schreiner Institute” as the student type to customize your application.
  • Application fee of $25
    • This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
  • Official SAT or ACT scores
    • Scores can be sent directly from the testing agency, included on official transcripts or downloaded and sent to To learn how to download scores, follow these (link to document) simple instructions.
  • Official high school transcripts with 7th semester grades (first semester of the applicant’s senior year)
  • Essay
    • This essay should explain why the student is interested in the military academies and which one they are interested in pursuing.
  • Resume
  • Fall Semester
    • July 1
  • Spring Semester
    • December 1

Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…

  • Visit campus (if you haven’t already!)
  • Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
  • Apply for one of our nine learning communities
  • Pay your $200 commitment deposit on your Schreiner One account, by phone, or check.
  • Once you pay your $200 commitment deposit, many more options will become available!
  • Register for orientation on your Schreiner One (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
    • When you register for orientation, you will list your course preferences and we will create your schedule so you can enjoy the rest of your senior year!
  • Sign up for housing or if you qualify, complete the commuter form, on your Schreiner One account (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
  • Complete your Health History Form on your Schreiner One account – DUE August 1st
  • Submit your Meningitis Vaccination record to – DUE August 1st
  • Submit your final high school transcripts – DUE by the first day of classes
  • Submit any dual credit transcripts or AP scores BEFORE orientation
  • Complete your financial aid on your Schreiner One – DUE by August 1st
  • Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance – DUE by August 1st

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I confirm my items have been received?

You will receive an email with an application tracker that will show you what has and has not been received.

If you applied online, you can log back into the application dashboard to see your list of items submitted and missing.

You may also contact us at:


How will I know if I need additional items for my application?

Your admission counselor will reach out to you via phone, email, and mail to let you know if the admission committee has requested additional information.

What is Schreiner One?

Schreiner One is the admission portal used for all admitted to current students. Once you are accepted, you will receive an email with your login credentials. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive it right away.

I lost my Schreiner One login. How do I get in?

Email – We can resend your information to the email we have on file.

How soon will I know if I am admitted?

A Schreiner Institute student should expect to hear back from the admission committee within a week of submitting all documentations. Decisions are made starting in the spring semester.

What type of aid can I qualify for?

Because Schreiner Institute is a one year program and students will not be pursuing a degree, students are not eligible for federal student aid (FAFSA) or VA benefits according to the federal government. However, students automatically receive $9,000 in scholarships from Schreiner University and academy sponsored students also receive an additional $500. Academy sponsorship must be pursued and obtained by the student and their family.

We would be happy to answer any of your questions!

Request Information
Financial Services
Admissions Team
Financial Services Team

Scheduled events such as Schreiner Saturdays offer a variety of information sessions led by faculty, admissions staff, and students to allow prospective students to see what Schreiner University has to offer.

Learn More
Mountaineer Days

You will have the opportunity to experience campus on a tour led by a current student as well as meet with a faculty member and one of our admissions team members to talk about your application, scholarships and financial aid! Tours are available Monday through Friday at 9 AM, 11 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM.

Schedule Now
Go to Top