International students who wish to be considered for admission to Schreiner University should provide the following information to the Office of Admission and Financial Aid:
- A completed application.
You may apply online here:
- An application fee of $25.00 (US dollars) submitted by bank check or money order. You may also pay online when completing your application (see link above)
- A certified official transcript (in English) of high school and or college courses and the grades or official copies of all national subject tests such as “O” or “A” level exam scores.
- Companies such as Foreign Credentials Service of America at foreigncredentials.org or 877-553-4285 (toll-free) offer translation and evaluation services.
- Required GPA is 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 grade scale.
- A properly completed Certification of Finances form that indicates the amount of funds available for the student to attend college, in US dollars. This must be signed by a proper bank official.
- Official test scores indicating the English language proficiency. This requirement may be satisfied by T.O.E.F.L. or completion of level 109 at an ESL Language Center. This may also be waived based on SAT or ACT scores.
- Required SAT score is 880 or higher, or ACT score is 17 or higher
- A one-page handwritten essay titled “Why I want to attend college in the United States.”
- When possible, submit either an ACT or SAT test score.
Once all the documents are received by the Office of Admission and Financial Aid, the student can expect a decision soon.
Admitted students will receive, by return mail, an acceptance letter and Certification of Finance form. The form 1-20 will be sent to the admitted student as soon as half the total cost of attendance for one year is on deposit at Schreiner University (in US dollars). This amount will be listed on your personal acceptance letter.
Before scheduling an appointment with the Embassy to apply for the student visa, you are required to pay a SEVIS 1-901 processing fee (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) in the amount of $100 USD directly to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency.
- Students can apply at
Apply Texas or the Schreiner University application: Be sure to select non-degree seeking on the first question to ensure we have you marked properly in our system.
- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- Certified official copy of high school and/or college/university transcripts with each course completed and grade earned; copies must be translated into English. Companies such as Foreign Credentials Service of America at foreigncredentials.org or 877-553-4285 (toll-free) offer translation and evaluation services.
- Demonstrated English language proficiency (both oral and written). For students from non-English speaking countries, SAT and/or TOEFL or IELTS scores must be provided. (Official SAT scores required to be considered for merit scholarship.) A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 79 (internet) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 is required.
- 60 days prior to the date of anticipated enrollment
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Visit campus (if you haven’t already!)
- Submit a completed Certification of Finances
- U.S. funds for first semester payable to Schreiner University
- Once this is received, the University Registrar will issue the Certification of Eligibility to Enroll form (I-20)
- Student must then apply for the Student Visa
- Pay $200 SEVIS I-901 processing fee (not payable to Schreiner University) before scheduling an appointment with the Embassy
- Once the I-20 is received, many more options will become available!
- Register for orientation on your Schreiner One (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
- When you register for orientation, you will list your course preferences and we will create your schedule so you can enjoy the rest of your senior year!
- Sign up for housing or if you qualify, complete the commuter form, on your Schreiner One account (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
- Complete your Health History Form on your Schreiner One account – DUE August 1st
- Submit your Meningitis Vaccination record to email@example.com – DUE August 1st
- Submit your final high school transcripts – DUE by the first day of classes
- Submit any dual credit transcripts or AP scores BEFORE orientation
- Complete your financial aid on your Schreiner One – DUE by August 1st
- Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance – DUE by August 1st