First-time Freshmen are students who have graduated from high school or completed a GED but have not attempted any college hours since. This does NOT include dual credit or AP classes. They are pursuing one of our 40+ majors and programs
For First-time Freshmen the automatic admission criteria is:
- GPA: 3.25 or higher
- Test Scores: 17 ACT or 880 SAT
For students who do not meet automatic admission criteria, Schreiner University has a review process which is holistic in nature. If you have any questions about the admission criteria for Schreiner University, please call 830-792-7217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you with an Admission Counselor.
- Students can apply at
- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Scores can be sent directly from the testing agency, included on official transcripts or downloaded and sent to email@example.com.
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
Additional items that may be requested:
- Fall Semester
- Priority Deadline – May 1
- Late Deadline – August 15 (based on space available)
- Spring Semester
- Priority Deadline – December 1
- Late Deadline – January 7 (based on space available)
- Summer Semester
- Priority Deadline – May 1
- Late Deadline – June 1 (based on space available)
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Visit campus (if you haven’t already!)
- Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
- Apply for one of our nine learning communities
- Pay your $200 commitment fee on your Schreiner One account, by phone, or check.
- Once you pay your $200 commitment fee, many more options will become available!
- Register for orientation on your Schreiner One (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
- When you register for orientation, you will list your course preferences and we will create your schedule so you can enjoy the rest of your senior year!
- Sign up for housing or if you qualify, complete the commuter form, on your Schreiner One account (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
- Complete your Health History Form on your Schreiner One account – DUE August 1st
- Submit your Meningitis Vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org – DUE August 1st
- Submit your final high school transcripts – DUE by the first day of classes
- Submit any dual credit transcripts or AP scores BEFORE orientation
- Complete your financial aid on your Schreiner One – DUE by August 1st
- Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance – DUE by August 1st
Frequently Asked Questions
Your admission counselor will reach out to you via phone, email, and mail to let you know if the admission committee has requested additional information.
Schreiner University is a rolling admission institution. You can expect to hear information about the status of your application within 1 to 2 weeks after all items have been received.
Schreiner One is the admission portal used for all admitted to current students. Once you are accepted, you will receive an email with your login credentials. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive it right away.
We would be happy to answer any of your questions!
You will have the opportunity to experience campus on a tour led by a current student as well as meet with a faculty member and one of our admissions team members to talk about your application, scholarships and financial aid! Tours are available Monday through Friday at 10 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM, and select Saturdays in the Spring.