Schreiner University has suspended the requirement of SAT and ACT test scores for admission decisions first-time freshmen. Admission decisions are based on holistic applications, including GPA and extra-curricular involvement during high school. Test scores, essays, letters of recommendation, and resumes are optional and may be requested by the Admission Committee.
For First-time Freshmen, admission criteria will include:
- Qualitative evaluation of application and admissions packet to assess student’s involvement in high school and community.
- High School GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Holistic Admissions based on grit fairness.
Students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirement may be asked for additional documents to be reviewed by the admission committee for an admission decision. Students will be notified if additional documents are requested and have one month to submit those additional documents.
If you have any questions about the admission criteria for Schreiner University, please call 830-792-7217 or email email@example.com and we will connect you with an Admission Counselor.
- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- SAT or ACT scores
- Scores can be sent directly from the testing agency, included on official transcripts or downloaded and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School transcripts or GED scores
- High school GPA and GPA scale can be self-reported on the application (no transcript required) or emailed to email@example.com. Official transcripts upon graduation will be required and can be mailed to the Office of Admission at 2100 Memorial Blvd, Kerrville, TX 78028. Official transcripts will be required for any Dual Credit earned prior to enrolling at Schreiner.
Additional items that may be requested:
- Short Answer form for the Admission Committee
- Fall Semester
- Application Deadline – May 31st
- Late Deadline – August 15 (based on space available)
- Spring Semester
- Early Action Deadline – November 1
- Late Deadline – January 7 (based on space available)
- Summer Semester
- Late Deadline – June 1 (based on space available)
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Visit campus (if you haven’t already!)
- Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
- Apply for one of our nine Learning Communities
- Pay your $200 commitment deposit on your Schreiner One account, by phone, or check.
- Once you pay your $200 commitment deposit, many more options will become available!
- Register for orientation on your Schreiner One (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
- When you register for orientation, you will list your course preferences and we will create your schedule so you can enjoy the rest of your senior year!
- Sign up for housing or if you qualify, complete the commuter form, on your Schreiner One account (Opens February 1 for fall semester)
- Complete your Health History Form on your Schreiner One account – DUE August 1st
- Submit your Meningitis Vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org – DUE August 1st
- Submit your final high school transcripts – DUE by the first day of classes
- Submit any dual credit transcripts or AP scores BEFORE orientation
- Complete your financial aid on your Schreiner One – DUE by August 1st
- Set up a payment arrangements for any remaining balance – DUE by August 1st