Expanding Your Horizons in
Science and Mathematics™
A day planned for girls in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades in the Hill Country area to explore math and science as high school and college study possibilities.
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Check-in: 9am – 9:45am
Conclusion end time: 4:30pm
To challenge each girl, the day is filled with: Small classes talking about specific careers, such as veterinary medicine, animal research, stream ecology, occupational therapy, genetics, nurse practitioner, massage therapy, physical therapy and engineering, with a local woman who works in that field. Labs to provide hands-on time in areas such as cell biology, chemistry, forensic science, and computer science.
- Aquaculture: “What’s in the Water?”
- Archaeology: “What can bones tell us?”
- Astronomy: “What’s up there?”
- Biology: “What’s in Your DNA?”
- Chemistry: “I’m Up to My Acids and Bases.”
- Chemistry: “What a reaction!”
- Engineering: “Can You Stand the Weight?”
- Exercise Science: “Know Your Body.”
- Forensics: “What happened to him?”
- Health: “The Hows and Whys of First Aid.”
- Mathematics: “Winning with Math!”
- Physics: “Power Me Up!”
- Public Health: “Public Health Through a Community Garden.”
- Technology: “What is a Code?”
- Veterinary Science: “Healthy Animal,
$35 (includes 5 labs, lunch, all conference materials, and T-shirt)
- Online Registration Form – Deadline: November 10, 2018
- All registration must be completed online as there will be no paper from available to mail in.
- Late Registration the day of the event will not be available.
9:00am: Check in
10:00am: Lab 1
11:05am: Lab 2
1:00pm: Lab 3
2:05pm: Lab 4
3:10pm: Lab 5
4:30pm: Pick Up
Parking & Drop-off/Pick-up:
Wm. Logan Library area – see campus map
Simultaneous Parent Session:
Preparing your daughter for college and her career – 10:00am-10:50am
The conference will conclude by 4:30pm. Please pick up your child at that time.
Payment option will be available through online registration at the end through PayPal, and if you are unable to pay online, then a check must be mailed in.
If you choose to mail your payment…..
Please make checks payable to “Expanding Your Horizons” and mail to:
2100 Memorial Blvd.
Kerrville, Texas 78028
For more information, please email us at email@example.com
Sponsored by the AAUW and Schreiner University
Visit the EYH NETWORK