SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The University Minister will cultivate opportunities for all members of campus to engage their faith traditions and to participate in spiritual formation. The ideal candidate will build bridges between Schreiner, the Texas Hill Country and its faith communities, as well as the PC(USA) at-large. The University Minister will invest in Schreiner University’s commitment to lifting up the diversity of perspectives that exist within our community, both through ecumenical ministry and through maintaining an open and affirming space for pastoral care. Additionally, the successful candidate will facilitate the shared practice of the University’s core values through intentional mission outreach.
- Facilitating and overseeing the ecumenical life of the campus.
- Leading and coordinating weekly worship.
- Creating and leading spiritual formation opportunities (e.g. bible studies).
- Providing pastoral care to address spiritual/mental health needs of campus community Training and supervision of Peer Ministry Leaders.
- Managing campus ministry budget.
- Facilitating mission outreach with focus on local and surrounding communities Participating in outreach to local churches.
- Representing Schreiner at Presbyterian Church (USA) and other faith-related functions.
- Building relationships with Presbyterian Church (USA) churches for the purpose of student recruitment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.).
- Ordained teaching elder in the PC(USA).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with sensitivity to the needs of others and the ability to be directive when necessary.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and cultivate resources for spiritual formation.
- Acceptance of and sensitivity to the diversity of perspectives and needs across campus.
- Experience in community building.
- Passion and talent for spiritual formation.
- Love and compassion for people and community.