Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The CRM Database Manager will focus on the use of Enrollment and Advancement CRM platforms and data to drive recruitment, retention, fundraising, insights and efficiency in the division of Student Recruitment, External Relations and Marketing and Communications and across all campus departments. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator and part Salesforce analyst. The manager will be responsible for executing day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platforms and data.
The CRM Manager will have a strong understanding of the important intersection of data, systems and professional judgment that are required for the effective implementation of the Jenzabar Recruitment Manager (JRM/Salesforce) and Raiser’s Edge CRM platforms.
- The Manager will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day administration, configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Salesforce, Jenzabar Recruitment and Raiser’s Edge CRM and database platforms.
- Handle administrative functions including hands on configuration of all new and existing JRM/Salesforce features including user management, roles/profiles, permission sets, custom objects, new page layouts, custom fields, formula fields, validations, workflows rules, sharing rules, and email templates, Process Builder, flows, Lightning Pages, custom metadata types, custom settings and dashboards.
- Assist in data import/export/updates, system customization and integrations.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
- Provides recommendations and continuously looks for ways to improve performance, efficiency and effectiveness of both CRM databases.
- Develop and configure custom reports and dashboards.
- Foster and conduct end user support and training for Schreiner University staff, faculty and volunteers in various areas of Raiser’s Edge and/or JRM as well as in policies and procedures pertaining to data and reporting to improve and increase their knowledge.
- Create user training and training documentation.
- Create and maintain documentation (a manual) of processes and procedures as business needs evolve or features are changed.
- Assists Director of SEM Operations and Data Management with managerial oversite of functions related to data health, integrity monitoring and process documentation; as well as, the office of admissions’ functions related to processing of enrollment data.
- Consults with the Director of SEM Operations and Data Management, Director of Admission and Vice President of Student Recruitment, External Relations, and Marketing and Communications on matters requiring attention.
- Fosters exemplary customer service to all customers, work collaboratively with other campus departments and external entities.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all gifts and other office assignments.
- Assists the Director of Operations and Data Management with special events and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the following: Schreiner University, the division of Student Recruitment, External Affairs, and Marketing and Communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, Analytics, Technology or related field.
- Salesforce.com Administrator certified preferred.
- Experience managing a Salesforce CRM system preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a CRM, database or analytics centric role.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and best practices, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on the Raiser’s Edge and JRM/Salesforce CRM platforms and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Ability to use formulaic logic using data manipulation with tools like MS Excel, Access, if statements, vlookup, pivot tables, macros and BI tools.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends and company events as needed.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to colleagues effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience training users and driving technology adoption.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to manage their own individual projects.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Driving is required, therefore, candidate must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.