SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Raiser’s Edge CMR manager performs the critical role of maintaining the Raiser’s Edge NXT database and related applications. The manager designs, builds, and delivers complex, qualitative queries, reports, and lists to facilitate the work of the advancement team. This includes database cleanup, daily imports, reporting metrics, analyzing trends, custom fundraising reports, and records maintenance. The role includes monitoring the integrity of the information contained in the database and determining how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of fundraising strategies and metrics.
- Assists the Director of SEM Operations and Data Management by overseeing the daily functions of the Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM and related applications.
- Assists with the implementation of Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM upgrades.
- Oversees the implementation of data entry standards and best practices.
- Proactively leads regular database hygiene and maintenance efforts, including duplicate management, NCOA, research and updates of specific datasets, and periodic audits.
- Responsible for database cleanup, the overall accuracy, integrity and reliability of alumni/donor data, donor data management systems, and reporting processes for Schreiner University.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for Raiser’s Edge donor database and other Blackbaud solutions.
- Analyzes business procedures/problems to provide solutions for process improvement.
- Designs, builds, and delivers complex, qualitative queries, reports, and lists to facilitate the work of the advancement team. This includes daily imports, reporting metrics, analyzing trends, and custom fundraising reports.
- Assist with data needs, ad-hoc reports or queries, and financial reports as requested by all departments.
- Designs and updates timely fundraising dashboards and provides donor updates to the Development Team.
- Serves as the main point of contact for all database issues and questions, determines solutions and strategies, and work to case resolution.
- Provides database training on policies and procedures to development staff across the enterprise and oversees security features, accounts, roles, and privileges for users.
- Assists in developing written policies, procedures, and training materials for processing and data management.
- Stays abreast of new and developing tools, technology, and processes related to higher education alumni and donors, and make recommendations to the advancement leadership regarding updates/upgrades or new tools needed.
- Works closely with gift processor and provides back-up support to gift processor as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all gifts and other office assignments.
- Assists the Director of Operations and Data Management with special events and other duties as deemed necessary.
- Follows all policies and procedures of the following: Schreiner University, the division of Student Recruitment, External Affairs, and Marketing and Communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years of experience with donor data systems, preferably Blackbaud data systems.
- Blackbaud Professional Certification preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Resourceful, critical thinker who uses sound judgement and can problem-solve.
- Extensive experience importing and exporting data.
- Extensive knowledge of donor database management and financial reporting.
- Experience in supporting high level executives and development officers.
- Demonstrated skill in developing queries, reports, and dashboards.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to data integrity and quality of work.
- Flexible and willing to teach others.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and perform as a team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance, and a good driving record.