SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee all aspects of University Testing Center and LSS testing services and peer note-taking services. Provide administrative assistance to Tutor Coordinator. Coordinate and track departmental purchases; create and maintain various databases, statistical reports and files; keep records of program activities; and work with students, faculty, and members of the community in providing services.
- Testing Service: Interview, hire, train, supervise and schedule monitors, readers, scribes as needed by students; inform faculty of student requests, procure tests from faculty and ensure security of same until returned to professor; protect integrity of testing in accordance with program policies and procedures; coordinate proctoring of make-up tests for non-LSS students as a courtesy to Schreiner faculty; liaison with off-campus entities to offer testing services for students and community members and to procure tests, arrange testing accommodations, and provide supervision during testing.
- Student and faculty contact: Greet students and faculty in a friendly and professional manner; advise students of procedures for obtaining services; answer questions about services.
- Implement all aspects of peer note service: Receive requests for notes from students, recruit and train peer note-takers, maintain records of notes sent, resolve concerns regarding notes.
- Assist Tutor Coordinator with all aspects of tutoring service: assist in planning and organizing tutor meetings/training, create tutoring schedules, maintain appropriate records, participate in tutor payroll records, maintain records for student attendance at tutoring.
- Office management: create and maintain various statistical reports to track usage, staff hours and dollar expenditures regarding services; process timecards for tutors, monitors and work-study students; maintain inventory of office supplies; process purchase order requests.
- Contribute positively to office morale; treat all constituents (students, faculty, parents, co-workers) professionally and kindly.
- Communications: Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, clients, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by LSS Director.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain University safety rules.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years experience as Administrative Assistant
- Ability to accomplish all tasks independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgment regarding application of existing departmental policy.
- Ability to assess applicants’ capability and suitability to perform monitoring duties.
- Experience in designing and presenting training programs based on implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to compose correspondence and produce reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with a variety of computer software programs; ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to work as a team member toward the common goal of the University.
- Provision of excellent customer service to all.