SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Schreiner University is seeking seasonal part-time lifeguards. Top priority is to assure efficient and professional delivery of services to students, faculty, staff and facility patrons.
To act in the professional capacity of an aquatic lifeguard including but not limited to:
- Perform rescues of swimmers in need of assistance
- Provide first aid as needed.
- Perform assessments as needed to properly evaluate a patrons swimming ability.
- Practice preventive techniques to reduce the chances of emergencies occurring.
- During an emergency follow departmental emergency action plan to assure the safety of patrons.
- Enforce all pool facility rules and guidelines.
- Ensure cleanliness of pool and surrounding area at all times.
- Assist with the set-up and break-down of aquatic equipment.
- Assist in the tracking process for aquatic patron participation.
- Assure all patrons have current Schreiner identification or are with a recognized program on the Schreiner campus.
- Assist with special event activities as needed and assigned.
- Wear appropriate uniform while performing job functions.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with the communication and promotion of events / activities scheduled in the aquatic facility.
- Ability to enforce all stated policies and procedures.
- Maintain University safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must hold current certification in Lifeguarding including CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Ability to assist patrons in a friendly and informative manner.
- Availability to work weekends.
- Be able to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Be prompt and punctual for work.