Website Schreiner University
IT Classroom Support Specialist
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for supporting technology in classrooms for face to face instruction as well as assisting with teleconferencing, audio/visual, hardware/software, peripheral devices, multimedia platforms, and emerging technology. Troubleshoot technology issues while classes/events are in session. Support a wide array of applications on both Windows and MAC operating systems. Contribute to the daily workload of the Technology Services Help Desk. Assist with website updates or other University web-based assets. Provide excellent service to the faculty, staff, students, and the broader Schreiner University campus community. The successful candidate will be expected to be flexible, highly organized with great attention to detail, and able to work under pressure while maintaining a professional, courteous and customer service focused attitude at all times. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Instruct, coach and assist students, faculty and staff in the use of multimedia equipment, software and technology elements ancillary to the instructional mission of the university.
- Develop and maintain operating instructions/guidelines for classroom multimedia and videoconferencing systems.
- Work with a wide range of software including, audio, video, web, and photography applications on Windows and Mac OS.
- Provide support and assist in the development of University web assets and LMS to campus community.
- Troubleshoot a wide range of technical issues across a multitude of platforms and environments.
- Participate in day to day operations and service of the Help Desk
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for audio visual equipment and videoconferencing systems.
- Work with partner institutions and consortia to bring collaborative tech initiatives to fruition.
- Serve as technical liaison and primary contact for all classroom technology issues.
- Provide guidance for new and renovated classroom design, manage and coordinate work with 3rd party A/V vendors and contractors.
- Administrate various teaching and learning “cloud based” software.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and projects associated with grant/gift awards
- Ability to work evening, weekend, special event support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred higher education experience working with various distance learning technologies, audio visual equipment, networked computers and various multimedia and productivity software.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, including defining scope, setting objectives, determining timelines, acquiring resources, tracking progress, and preparing reports.
- Ability to work professionally with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff and visitors on a daily basis.