SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Collects, develops, analyzes and communicates institutional data and other information to constituents throughout the university, to comply with all reporting obligations, to support and enhance informed decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning, policy development, and institutional self-assessment. Performs applied research, and designs, executes, and evaluates analytical and statistical studies and/or institutional self-assessments. Designs and manages information systems and databases to support institutional research activities. Pulls query of data for all internal and external stakeholders. This is a 5 year, federal grant funded opportunity (beginning October 1, 2023) with the option to be institutionalized post award.
- Acquires, manipulates, develops, and maintains longitudinal data sets, verifying accuracy and consistency over time, in the context of evolving requirements regarding reporting institutional facts.
- Conducts and/or assists on a wide variety of survey research efforts for the unit; participates in survey construction, development of survey instruments, and design of survey protocols and procedures.
- Prepares institutional responses to external queries such as faculty salary surveys, employment statistics, enrollment statistics, and projections.
- Formulates and prepares institutional responses to external queries and provides institution-wide support for obtaining data and information and performing analyses in response to specific needs.
- Designs, executes, analyzes, communicates, and consults on the results of ongoing and one-time analytical studies using appropriate inferential statistics.
- Queries database independently and conducts data mining and analysis.
- Works with other institutional committees and staff to coordinate work and provide technical assistance, as assigned.
- Collaborates with Title V Director on all required grant-generating reports and documentation.
- Assist with all annual institutional effectiveness data gathering and reports of administrative departments, academic support and student services departments, academic departments, and the general education core.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Understanding of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, verifying, and manipulating research data
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Be skilled in Microsoft Office (Power BI, Excel)
- Understand and use syntax applications such as SQL and R
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Knowledge of database construction, management, and retrieval methods; familiarity with or the ability to learn campus information systems: Jenzabar EX, Infomaker, PowerFAIDS, and Raiser’s Edge.