SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position requires identifying and establishing relationships with potential community colleges, corporate and high school partners primarily in the San Antonio Metro Area with a primary focus on Schreiner University’s grant funded Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) STEM programs. Additionally, this position will be expected to promote and recruit for Schreiner’s full portfolio of academic programs.
- Identifies, cultivates, and maintains strong relationships between Schreiner University and high schools, community colleges, agencies, corporations, and organizations.
- Conducts outreach and engagement activities in coordination with SU’s Office of Admission and the HSI STEM Grant Program Director, including a summer orientation program.
- Acts as liaison among SU and the regional community, SU’s academic partners, and STEM students.
- Develops transfer student pipelines to SU focused on MOU’s, articulation agreements with Community Colleges and Four-Year Universities.
- Develops first-year student pipelines to SU and agreements with High Schools.
- Supervision: This position has a dual reporting role to the HSI STEM Grant Program Director and the Assistant Vice President for Student Recruitment.
- Organizes affordability outreach campaigns and workshops.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 3 or more years’ experience in student recruitment or sales.
- Partnership development or business to business (B2B) sales experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the educational industry within urban areas preferred.
- Must be mission aligned with the values of Schreiner University.
- Must have a high standard of excellence and extreme attention to detail and deadlines; ability to prioritize and manage complex workflows.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communication, with a special emphasis on strong organization skills.
- Must have a high level of experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a strong digital skill set.
- Must have valid driver’s license, motor vehicle liability insurance and personal injury insurance; or have a self-reliant source of transportation to conduct business daily.
- As a remote employee working from San Antonio the employee will regularly attend virtual meetings, visit community colleges, high schools, companies, and other organizations.
- Sitting, walking, and standing; talk and hear, both in person and by telephone; and use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; and occasionally required to lift to 25 pounds.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.