Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head Baseball coach, the Head JV Asst.Varsity Baseball coach must perform all duties as related to the development and implementation of a highly competitive and successful baseball program and must embrace the philosophies and rules of NCAA Division III and the SCAC. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity.
- Plan and conduct Junior team practices.
- Assist in all aspects of the varsity program and participate in varsity practices.
- Responsible for the academic success of all Junior team members.
- Recruiting coordinator for the Varsity and Junior program.
- Travel to high school and other events to scout potential student athletes.
- Prepare a game schedule for the Junior team.
- Arrange for officials for Junior team home games.
- Organize team travel and meals for the Junior team.
- Responsible for Junior team equipment and inventory.
- Responsible for Junior teams conduct on trips.
- Drive both the Varsity and Junior teams to and from intercollegiate contests.
- All other duties as assigned by Head Coach.
- Maintain University Office Safety
Ensure that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under tables, and chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Ensure that any liquids or food that is kept in the office are not placed within any office equipment area so as not to accidentally damage equipment.
Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, campers, parents and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality – maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Athletic Department. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work.
- 10% sitting, 90% walking or moving at the baseball field.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Collegiate athletic experience preferred.
- Ability to relate to young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member.
- Ability to travel overnight with team.
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, NCAA.
- Ability to become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED (automatic external defibrillator) Updated annually.
- Valid Coaching license preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record. Obtaining a CDL Driver’s License will be required