SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs entry-level work in caring for grounds or public buildings.
- Maintain the appearance of grounds
- Mow and trim grass. Trim, water, remove and plant trees and shrubs. Control the advent of ant beds.
- Care for lawns, shrubbery, trees and flowerbeds using standard tools and equipment.
- Remove dirt, rubbish and refuse from grounds.
- Drive trucks and hauls materials, supplies, dirt and/or office furniture.
- Work special events, i.e. parking, loading, etc. – may include weekends and overtime.
- Maintain and care for grounds keeping tools, supplies and ground equipment.
- Perform various gardening activities.
- Work under close supervision with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- May assist in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, auto repair and maintenance.
- May perform vehicle oil changes, lubes, inspections, cleaning and washing.
- Must be able to perform on call duties.
- May repair, stripe, and/or perform preventative maintenance on parking lots, roads and sidewalks within the grounds.
- May perform custodial work, assisting in cleaning buildings and moving furniture.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds and carries 70 pounds.
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions, bend climb and lift 50 pounds plus.
- Must be able to work overtime, some evenings, nights and weekends.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Completion of high school is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Experience in grounds keeping and maintenance work.
- Ability to perform on call duties.
- Knowledge of the planting and care of trees, shrubbery, flowers, and grass.
- Skill in the use of grounds keeping hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in the operation of motorized and gas operated equipment such as tractors, mowers, edgers, chain saws, hedge trimmers, self-propelled sweeper/vacuums, and paint striping machines.
- Skill in the repair and maintenance of parking lots.
- Ability to maintain and care for hand and power tools and equipment used in grounds keeping and gardening.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.