SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Graphic Designer supports the mission of the University by designing publications in various media, preparing visual presentations, and performing other duties related to publication design and production. Requirements of the position include the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, layouts brand marks and logos, for print and digital media.
- Address university marketing requests with the goal of pushing projects at a pace that gets them completed on time (or before), and on budget.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand.
- Quickly amend designs after feedback.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Test graphics across various media.
- Participate in frequent project briefings with internal teams to review tasks assigned and due for the day, and work to resolve any issues.
- Build relationships with internal team to provide day to day support and communication on managed projects.
- Perform quality checks on printed materials, publications and digital content to ensure all project specifications are met before routing to Marketing Director for review.
- Special events may require work in evening or weekend.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or communication design.
- Two to three years’ experience as a graphic designer preferred.
- Required Software proficiencies: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Project management tool Basecamp.
- Able to work cooperatively, collaboratively, and respectfully in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tech savvy (frequent use of online portals, social media, etc.).
- Good problem-solving skills; maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a high paced, high pressure environment.
- Deadline / results driven mindset.
- Self-motivated person who is hardworking and responsible.
- Project management experience in advertising, design, print, and production.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and creative processes.
- Strong project organizational skills, including attention to detail, the ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and juggle competing demands to prioritize projects.
- Time management skills.
- A strong ability to translate requirements into design with graphics that capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the intended message.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in written form.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.