SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Through a commitment to the mission and values of the University, this position will maintain and build relationships and raise funds from various constituents; primarily public, private and corporate foundations and government agencies. Additionally, this position will be an integral part of prospect research and prospect management. Participates in development strategy to advance fundraising priorities and contributes to outreach efforts that engage new partners and strengthens existing relationships.
- Develops strategy and directs a comprehensive fundraising program for corporate and foundation giving to Schreiner University.
- Coordinate and manage annual, endowment and capital fund raising programs and activities related to public, private and corporate foundations.
- Coordinate and participate in visits to foundations offices and site visits by foundation trustees and grant officers to establish a personal and working knowledge of the issues, interests and policies of specific foundations.
- Manage the relationships with foundations from assessment to solicitation and stewardship of gifts.
- Serve as the primary grant writer for all foundation grant proposals to be submitted by Schreiner University and work closely with faculty and administrators to conceptualize, define and write or edit requests for support.
- Match and coordinate approaches to foundations by working with the Director of Development and other representatives of Schreiner using priorities of the University as a guide.
- Work with Advancement Services to facilitate the capture of information concerning corporations and foundations, particularly information on the trustees, giving patterns and policies of the major local, state and national public, private and corporate foundations.
- Help oversee and coordinate all government grant proposals to be submitted by faculty or other representatives of Schreiner. Quality assurance factors include proper representation of Schreiner and its programs, approval of projects based on university priorities, appropriate ask level, valid and accurate documentation of need and supporting materials and adherence to proposal submission guidelines.
- Prepare and provide required reports to foundations; work with faculty to deliver required reports and metrics for faculty related funding projects
- Use subscribed to providers to research and query prospective foundations and seek program support.
- Work with Advancement Services staff to use the donor data base, Raiser’s Edge; Wealth Engine, NXT and other resources to help identify and develop appropriate plans and proposals for donors capable of major gifts.
- Works with Advancement Services and software support staff to develop reporting tools for use within the development department.
- Enter proposal information in the constituent record via the Prospect Module and use the donor database system to track proposals submitted, funded, declined and capture other pertinent proposal information.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in English, communications, public relations or similar preferred.
- At least three years’ of successful work experience in professional fundraising and grant writing. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Well organized, methodical and systematic and critical thinker.
- Ability to travel overnight, work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to work with and motivate a broad spectrum of people including foundation executives and trustees, volunteers, faculty, staff and administrative members.
- Working knowledge of the psychology, principles and techniques of gift solicitation with an emphasis on foundation and corporate solicitation.
- Proficient in grant writing and understanding the process of foundation research, cultivation and solicitation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems including Office 365, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of database management software, CRM such as Raiser’s Edge is desired.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.