SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Processing Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of complex duties associated with the student recruitment cycle. This position will organize and coordinate complex admissions application processing according to established university and departmental policies and procedures; will review admission applications for accuracy and completeness. This position is also responsible for maintaining and updating student records in the JRM database during the student enrollment cycle. The Processing Specialist will maintain the integrity of admission database by monitoring error reports and making appropriate corrections. The Processing Analyst works closely with the Admission team regarding daily functions that impact the timely processing of prospective student data. This position will also provide data support for the division of Student Recruitment, External Relations, and Marketing and Communications.
- Organizes, coordinates and processes complex admission application processing according to university and departmental policies and procedures. Works closely with admission counselors, enrollment specialist and enrollment communications coordinator regarding applicant’s admission status.
- Imports student information from Schreiner One, Apply Texas, Texas Learning Consortium and other outside sources into the JRM database.
- Analyzes and verifies documentation including but not limited to applications, transcripts and test scores for new, re-enrolling, transfer, outreach and international students.
- Researches missing student information.
- Processes correspondence and/or data including but not limited to and verifies if information is correct before inputting and/or importing information into JRM database.
- Creates and maintains hard copy applicant files from initial student inquiry through student admit status.
- Updates and maintains student records in JRM database during the enrollment process.
- Provides training to new data staff and students responsible for assisting with data.
- Assists full-time Enrollment specialist with responding to or forwarding general, admission and financial aid inquiries from student prospects and their families and high school counselors to appropriate party.
- Assists full-time Enrollment specialist with student communication flow by preparing and distributing correspondence to prospective students for inquiry, application and event submissions to prospective students utilizing the JRM database.
- Updates files according to the Cash Net report maintained by Accounting Services for online payments of application fees and commitment fees
- Sends admitted student account notifications through Schreiner One.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all Schreiner University information.
- Support and work collaboratively with other staff and departments.
- Provides back-up data support with Raiser’s Edge gift entry, biographical entry and reporting.
- Follows all policies and procedures: Schreiner University, the division of student recruitment, External Relations and Marketing and Communications.
- Assists the division of Student Recruitment, External Relations, and Marketing and Communications with events and other office duties as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows based software, preferably with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Database experience, preferably with a CMR system.
- Ability to work from a variety of data sources, included spreadsheets, printed document and handwritten materials.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to perform timely and accurate data entry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and excellent customer service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use sound judgement and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.