SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Enrollment Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding annual enrollment goals by providing direct admissions support and supervising select graduate, transfer and special populations recruitment staff. In addition, the Enrollment Manager serves as a representative of Schreiner University at community functions, college programs, professional conferences, and other related events.
This position will supervise and oversee the Special Populations (Graduate, LVN, OBSN, Transfers) Admission Counselor and Graduate Admissions Counselor. The Enrollment Manager is responsible for serving as the graduate admission counselor, generating inquiries, applicants, admits and commits and meeting or exceeding yearly admission goals.
The Enrollment Manager will work closely with the marketing department to implement recruitment and marketing strategies that are designed to support enrollment goals and brand awareness initiatives. Additional responsibilities include developing leads, attaining goals for market area(s), meeting with parents and students on or off campus, and attending college day/night programs. Tele counseling is required to develop leads during the recruiting season and peak periods.
Additionally, the Enrollment Manager will oversee admission campus visits programs and daily campus tours with the assistance of student ambassadors and student assistants.
- Represents Schreiner University in the most professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Possesses extensive job knowledge in college admission related work and understands the role it plays in serving the institutional mission.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual goals for graduate admissions as well as providing leadership and support in recruitment efforts and initiatives to meet/exceed enrollment goals for graduate students.
- Supervises graduate special populations Admission Counselors, Student Ambassadors, and Student Assistants.
- Supports implementation of recruitment initiatives for the Office of Admission.
- Manages and promotes admission campus events and student tours.
- Evaluates and monitors admission reports, making informed decisions about goals and new market opportunities as it relates to recruiting efforts.
- Collaborated with the marketing department or external marketing company to create content that engages our audiences through communication campaigns.
- Liaises with external and internal marketing teams to produce promotional materials for the Office of Admission to include physical mailings, promotional products, digital materials, advertising strategies and other.
- Works with the Assistant Vice President to set goals to meet enrollment targets in select graduate, transfer and special population pools.
- Manages and maintains student reports to effectively execute a communication campaign that includes phone, email, social media, and face-to-face campaigns.
- Collaborates closely and builds effective partnerships with university departments, faculty, and staff to ensure seamless delivery of enrollment services to students.
- Counsels and mentors’ students/parents about the college admission process, and the financial aid steps for new students.
- Evaluates and assesses prospective students’ applications.
- Participates in and oversees the generation of inquiries, applications, interviews, campus visits and commitment fees for all assigned students.
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters related to the Office of Admission and Financial Services and adhere to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Serves and represents the office, division and university on various committees.
- Represents Schreiner University at college day/night programs, receptions, alumni events and all other approved functions.
- Successfully completes recruitment of students in assigned market area(s), reporting requirements, and timely lead follow-up (within 24 hours) to reach performance levels.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Student Recruitment.
- Extensive overnight travel for recruitment events, meetings, trainings is required.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, clients, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Maintain University safety rules.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Four-year college degree (minimum). Master’s Degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- At least three years job knowledge and experience in the college admission profession or similar field.
- Willingness to work weekends and weekend hours to meet job requirements.
- Strong computer skills required. Must have the ability to use the Internet, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Calendar).
- Demonstrated proficiency using a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Ability to adjust, adapt and persist regardless of setbacks.
- Possess an enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong desire to serve others.
- Possess extensive job knowledge in college admission related work and understands the role it plays in serving the institutional mission.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to set goals, organize and prioritize daily activities, exercise necessary follow-up, and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently to meet job requirements.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen attentively, convey understanding and persuasively communicate the value of Schreiner’s education to various constituencies.
- Sales ability to “close”
- Use of sound judgment, maturity and responsibility.
- Driving is required, therefore, candidate must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.