Website schreineru Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs advanced restoration, renovation and maintenance on complex electrical control, wiring, communications, control systems and lighting systems. Work under limited supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Install, maintain, and enhance electrical systems and components, including fuses, lights, and wiring.
- Inspect, test, and diagnose issues with electrical systems and components.
- Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows national, state and local electrical codes, blueprints, and standards.
- Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functioning.
- Complete required documentation of repairs and service information.
- Ensure adequate inventory of necessary supplies and parts.
- Calibrate equipment to provided specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems and components.
- Maintain records to include electrical component recycling program.
- In coordination and cooperation with Campus Security and Safety, maintain and repair fire alarm equipment to include smoke detectors, batteries, etc.
- In coordination and cooperation with Information Technology Services, install and repair computer network wiring and cables.
- In coordination and cooperation with Auxiliary Services, support camps, events and university functions with electrical infrastructure requirements.
- Troubleshoot problems and make timely repairs.
- Maintain assigned tools, office space, workshop and vehicle to include but not limited to sweeping, washing, vacuuming, organizing and general cleanliness.
- Ability to work in inclement weather, bend, climb, lift 50 pounds plus.
- Enter, update, and complete work orders on digital platforms such as cell phone, tablet, or desktop computer.
- Performs related work as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an electrician apprenticeship program required.
- Completion of an electrician program at a technical or trade school preferred.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician license preferred.
- 3-5 years of electrical experience.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel.
- Comfortable reading and understanding electrical blueprints, schematics, and diagrams.
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated principles, materials, and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools associated with electrical work.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical problems.
- Experience in renewable energy field.
- Good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.