SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Marketing and Communication Manager the Digital Video Producer will be responsible for producing, capturing, editing and formatting multiple formats of digital video and photos and editing for multiple platforms. They will be responsible for producing quality photos, stories and broadcast video content for a multi-cultural audience that crosses several demographics. This position is responsible for multiple short video production per week in collaboration with the Marketing Manager and the Marketing creative team. The Digital Video Producer is expected to have a keen editorial instinct to produce photos and video concepts from digital stories on the Schreiner website and social media platforms and evaluate leads and tips to develop original story ideas.
- Help conceive, create, produce and post photo and video content for Schreiner’s website and social media platforms.
- Support all stages of the production process including; conceptualization, scripting, production management and post-production.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables.
- Arrange and conduct pre-interviews, writing outlines, interview questions, scripts, manage shoots and direct film crews on location.
- Maintain weekly shoot schedules and supervise post-production through delivery.
- Ensure that all content is technically and editorially sound while working with other producers and supervisors to keep the site current and compelling.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of production on a given day. Projects have varied ranges of production value and budget.
- Deliver a high degree of confidence and customer service while working with partners and other departments.
- On the job learning of core solutions, products and services so there is thought leadership in the creative process.
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- Manage digital photo and video library and archives. Monitor and evaluate social media analytics.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or visual design is preferred. Experience in higher education is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in radio, television, film, sound or news media in a corporate environment.
- Preferred knowledge of website-based reporting, preferably of content-based managed systems.
- Strong technical skills in video, audio, pre-production, and post-production. This includes in depth knowledge and hands-on experience of utilizing various HD and SD formats, planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography.
- Mastery of video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere is preferred.
- Mastery of camera operation especially the Canon C100. A thorough understanding of various types of cameras, different lenses and how to create a certain shot is crucial.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and SharePoint.
- Proficient in multiple social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Reels and Tik Tok.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and an aptitude for making quick, quality decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with faculty, students and administrators requiring intensive concentration and listening skills.
- Ability to work irregular hours to meet deadlines which may include evenings, weekends.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and a good driving record.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.