SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Collects, develops, analyzes and communicates institutional data and other information to constituents throughout the university. In collaboration with the VP, comply with all reporting obligations and support informed decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning, policy development, and institutional self-assessment. Maintain research standards consistent with What Works Clearinghouse principles for effectively assessing evidence-based research on campus. Performs applied research, and designs, executes, and evaluates analytical and statistical studies and/or institutional self-assessments. Designs and manages information systems and databases to support institutional assessment activities.
- Conducts and/or assists on a wide variety of research efforts for the department; participates in formulating research questions, developing data pipelines, designing research protocols and procedures, determining research outcomes and delivering research results.
- Acquires, manipulates, develops, and maintains data sets and data collection infrastructure, verifying accuracy and consistency, consistent with the applicable standards.
- Access and retrieve information from multiple databases including the university system of record and other contributing sources that are integral to the function of Institutional Research and Effectiveness (Jenzabar, Raiser’s Edge, PowerFAIDS, Canvas, JRM, etc.).
- Prepares institutional assessment reports from an array of assessment tools (surveys, academic testing instruments, opinion polls, qualitative focus groups, etc.).
- Assists faculty and staff with annual academic program and administrative assessment plans, meeting accreditation standards and university strategic planning measures.
- Formulates and prepares institutional responses to external queries, and provides institution-wide support for obtaining assessment data and information and performing analyses in response to specific needs.
- Designs, executes, analyzes, communicates, and consults on the results of custom research that provides insight on stakeholder perceptions and needs.
- Coordinates with faculty and staff regarding the design and implementation of assessment activities, analysis and interpretation of data related to student learning outcomes, and the measures and tools used for assessment purposes.
- Works with other executive institutional committees and staff to coordinate work and provide technical assistance, as assigned.
- Understands the use of SQL, Python, R, Powershell/Bash, Advanced Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Power BI, Tableau and other data mining tools used for reporting and programming purposes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in social science, computer science, information systems or related field, required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Must be comfortable presenting and defending results to critical audiences.
- Experience with multi-variate data analysis, such as linear and multiple regression, as well as parametric and non-parametric inferential statistical tests.
- Ability to programmatically gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports from a wide variety of sources.
- Understanding of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Skill in designing, assessing, collecting, analyzing, verifying, and manipulating research data.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, high-demand work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Knowledge of database construction, management, and retrieval methods; familiarity with or the ability to learn campus information systems.