Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Dean of Student Services under the direction of the Music Department Chair, the Coordinator must provide strategic leadership for the University Band program while supporting the wider mission and goals of the University. The University Band coordinator will work alongside the music department to ensure a seamless and quality university program. The Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the assigned bands within Varsity Programs including recruiting, practice, supervision and coaching at events and competitions, and regular meetings with the band members. The Coordinator will advocate for the importance of a university band within the campus community, as well as the larger Kerrville community, and will serve as a role model of the high standards expected of our students. A successful candidate will have experience recruiting students, as well as cultivating friends of the various programs in an effort to meet enrollment and fundraising goals. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity.
- Using the University’s mission and strategic plan as a guideline to develop and direct the University Band
- Ensure an environment that promotes student safety.
- Work collaboratively with music department to monitor progress and eligibility of all students, establish programs and program performance requirements.
- Service on various campus committees as appointed by the Dean of Students.
- Cultivate positive relationships with students and their families.
- Develop a positive relationship with and play an active role in university and community events and programs.
- Work collaboratively with Student Services and Residence Life staff with respect to student needs and any issues related to student behavior.
- Ensure institutional compliance with the various governing bodies for each program.
- Collaborate with Director in establishing a fundraising plan for the choral program that meets the department’s annual fundraising goals and aligns with the University’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Work with the marketing department to ensure appropriate and accurate branding information is being disseminated.
- Ensure the highest ethical, moral, and spiritual standards for all aspects of the University’s varsity programs.
- In coordination with auxiliary services, varsity programs, and athletics, promote and manage a summer camp program that helps to achieve the fundraising goals of the department.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 3 years Music ensemble teaching experience
- Knowledge of overall operation of the band program.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic planning.
- Experience in identifying and recruiting students.
- Experienced manager of people and budgets.
- Ability to cultivate alumni and booster participation.
- Proven fund raising experience to support programs.
- Firm commitment to a student-centered culture and the academic success of students are essential.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record, CDL preferred.