SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides instruction in basic nursing skills in a clinical setting for the Department of Nursing students. Supports faculty and student usage of equipment and software. Reports to the Director of the Nursing Program.
- Provides demonstrations to students of basic nursing skills; incorporates current information from clinical research literature, appropriate media and approved texts in the preparation of class materials and demonstrations.
- Directs scheduled practice sessions for students as they relate to assigned skills.
- Plans pre and post clinical conferences intended to expand and enhance student knowledge of course content.
- Evaluates individual student skill performance in the laboratory setting.
- Assists in maintenance of the clinical lab.
- Participates in department committees and in other activities associated with professional status.
- Maintains academic standards as established by the department and university.
- Assists with compilation of data necessary for departmental reports.
- Maintains membership in and participates in activities of professional associations.
- Maintains working knowledge of technology required to perform work.
- Assesses own learning needs and plans professional development activities to meet those needs.
- Complete midterm and final clinical evaluation on students assigned.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with individuals in host facilities.
- Responds to emails on a daily basis throughout the work week.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Unencumbered license to practice professional nursing in Texas or another interstate compact state.
- Current BLS certification.
- Records demonstrating up to date immunization or titers.
- Clinical experience required.
- Needs effective organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective teaching skills.
- Knowledge of clinical nursing practice and ability to assist students in clinical activities.
- Awareness of current issues/trends in nursing.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.