Website schreineru Schreiner University
- Coordinate all laboratory and simulation associated with classroom lectures, skills laboratory activities and student practice activities.
- Facilitates low and high-fidelity simulation scenarios for use in course instruction in accordance with EBP and INACSL.
- Assume responsibility of student safety as well as provide supervision of students in the laboratory setting.
- Oversees lab equipment/manikin cleaning and infection control.
- Monitors and safely disposes of biohazard waste.
- Inventory and reorder skills lab supplies within allowed budget.
- Monitors equipment for safe function, replacement and repairs within allowed budget.
- Ensures maintenance of an orderly, clean and organized skills laboratory.
- Set-up and facilitate student skills check off stations skills testing.
- Maintains the skills lab calendar depicting; use dates, times, course title/number.
- Maintains working knowledge of technology required to facilitate simulation and skills sessions.
- Functions as BSN program retention specialist, supporting student success through one on one, student-CEC Coordinator meetings.
- Utilizes ATI for student learning, practice and demonstration of competence.
- Participate in BSN Faculty Organization committee meetings and other BSN program committees as assigned.
- Participates in department recruiting events and in other activities associated with program philanthropy.
- Remains current in techniques of effective instruction through ongoing education and professional development.
- Drives to clinical sites annually to meet with facility liaison or partner, evaluates the appropriateness of the clinical experience.
- Manages, updates and evaluates all clinical site affiliation agreements.
- Coordinated clinical placements.
- Assists with compilation of data necessary for departmental reports such as CCNE, Texas BON and SACS COC.
- Oversee all student immunizations and maintains compliance in accordance with clinical sites utilizing software such as Castlebranch.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associates Degree is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Clinical experience in a patient-care setting.
- Records demonstrating up to date immunization.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate well with others of diverse academic, ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds including student with disabilities.
- Adapts well to frequent process improvements and program changes.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Competent in adult teaching methodologies reflected in simulations
- Knowledge of Texas BON, AACN, SACS COC accreditation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Previous experience with an online Learning Management System such as Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard.
- Certification in simulation preferred.
The BSN Program at Schreiner University is seeking a Clinical Education Center Coordinator. This role is essential in maintaining and creating new community connections in Kerrville and the Greater San Antonio area. The CEC Coordinator supports faculty with the arrangement of clinical experiences at our contracted facilities and of simulations in our lab. Additionally, student retention is a function of the role, requiring the meeting with and support of students as they progress through the nursing program.
The successful candidate will have healthcare education and experience that includes direct patient care, excellent communication skills, and be proficient in organization and management of equipment, supplies, and time. This is a 10-month position which reports to the Director of the BSN Program.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Schreiner University is a uniquely Texan, Hispanic-serving institution. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and are strongly and actively committed to diversity within our community.
In addition to the online application, applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, teaching philosophy, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references, and other support materials such as teaching evaluations to: email@example.com.
Materials that cannot be submitted electronically may be mailed to:
2100 Memorial Blvd
Kerrville, Texas 78028
To apply for this job please visit info.schreiner.edu.