This position is open to Internal Candidates only
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports to the Director of Athletics. Responsible for driving of university vans/buses to transport students and student athletes to events and competitions. The driver will be expected to follow all state and national driving laws, rules, and regulations. In this position, you will follow prearranged routes to destinations or use maps and GPS to navigate routes. You will also maintain vehicle upkeep and cleanliness.
- Use of university vehicles to transport students.
- Follow all state and national safety regulations and standards.
- Drive defensively to ensure safety.
- Practice safe driving habits.
- Make sure there is always enough gas to get to the destination.
- Accurately follow routes, maps, and directions.
- Follow schedules and rerouting in a timely manner when faced with traffic or congestion
- Perform general motor vehicle maintenance as needed for safety.
- Clean windows, windshields, and mirrors as needed.
- Keep interior of vehicle clean of debris and clutter as needed.
- Complete documentation such as logs, mileage, or cargo and passenger reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- (High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
- Have been driving for at least 5 years
- Must obtain or have a currently valid Class B CDL
- Great time management skills
- Great customer attitude and attentiveness
- Ability to operate a vehicle for 8 hours
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds
- Open to working nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary