The Athletic Training Intern is responsible for assisting the Head and Assistant Athletic Trainer with all aspects of the sports medicine/athletic training program for the university. This is a 10-month, part-time position (August-May). Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and management of athletic injuries.
- Injury documentation in the Athletic Training Systems (ATS) program.
- Clinical instruction and supervision of work-study students.
- Coverage of practices and competitions.
- Interaction with individuals involved with university athletics and student-athlete healthcare.
- Daily athletic training room operations.
- Coordination of care for visiting athletic teams as needed.
- Assist with maintaining comprehensive inventory of supplies.
- Maintain upkeep and safeguarding of modalities.
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Occasional early morning and frequent late night hours.
- Weekend and holiday work as scheduled.
- Out-of-town travel for intercollegiate or varsity program athletic contests (when possible) and meeting/conferences.
- 75% walking or standing.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Exercise Science or related field.
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification.
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health or eligible for licensure.
- American Red Cross CPR-Professional Rescuer Certified.
- Strong organization, written, and communication skills; basic computer knowledge.
- Adept in interpersonal skills and able to deal with a variety of people in public relations capacity.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others.
- Ability to supervise work study students in the athletic training room and out at athletic events.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) or willingness to acquire, related insurance and good driving record.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.