Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head Wrestling Coach, the Assistant Wrestling Coach must provide strategic leadership for the wrestling programs while supporting the wider mission and goals of the University. The Assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of assisting the Head Coach and the team including recruiting, fitness training, practice, competition and travel. The Assistant Coach will advocate for the importance of a wrestling program within the campus community, as well as the larger Kerrville community, and will serve as a role model of the high standards expected of our students. A successful candidate will have experience recruiting students, as well as cultivating friends of the various programs in an effort to meet enrollment and fundraising goals. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity.
- Use the University’s mission and strategic plan as a guideline to develop and assist the Wrestling programs.
- Ensure an environment that promotes student safety.
- Work with Coach to monitor progress and eligibility of all students.
- Cultivate positive relationships with students and their families.
- Develop a positive relationship with and play an active role in university and community events and programs.
- Work collaboratively with Student Services and Residence Life staff with respect to student needs and any issues related to student behavior.
- Ensure institutional compliance with the various governing bodies for the Wrestling program.
- Collaborate with Coach and Varsity Program Director in establishing a fundraising plan for Wrestling programs that meets the department’s annual fundraising goals and aligns with the University’s overall fundraising strategy
- Develop practice/performance schedules and a weight training/fitness program as appropriate.
- In coordination with auxiliary services and the other coaches, promote and manage a summer camp program that helps to achieve the fundraising goals of the department.
- Ensure the highest ethical, moral, and spiritual standards for all aspects of the University’s Athletic programs.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the head coach or athletic director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience coaching wrestling.
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with coaching a collegiate level cheer program.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic planning.
- Experience in identifying and recruiting student athletes.
- Experienced manager of people and budgets.
- Ability to cultivate alumni and booster participation.
- Proven fund raising experience to support programs.
- Firm commitment to a student-centered culture and the academic success of students are essential.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record, obtaining a CDL License will be required