SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Vice President for Student Recruitment provides vision and leadership for all aspects of Schreiner University’s enrollment initiatives. As head of Admissions, the Assistant Vice President shall plan and supervise the recruitment of students. The Assistant Vice President is responsible for providing a coherent, effective enrollment management program consistent with university goals and identifying areas and implementing tactics to improve the sophistication of Schreiner’s recruitment to shape and grow enrollment.
- Work in partnership with the VPSEM and President to establish clear targets, data-driven policies, and processes that further the growth goals of the University; develop and analyze admissions and enrollment data to inform and shape recruiting efforts to reach a strategic goal of 2000 students in all degree programs by 2026.
- Provide vision, leadership, management, and supervision for the Office of Admission; and provide support and training for other departments responsible for student recruitment: Athletics, Varsity Programs, and Learning Communities.
- Develop a comprehensive annual and multi-year recruitment plan to increase the size and quality of the student body while diversifying the enrollment.
- Develop a clear and comprehensive program for recruiting graduate online and adult degree completion students; include in this plan the establishment of effective partnerships with major employers in the private corporate, nonprofit, and governmental sectors to open enrollment pipeline opportunities for Schreiner University.
- Lead, educate and hold accountable the team of recruiters and other Admissions Office personnel to ensure the effective implementation of strategies and tactics to reach enrollment goals, including creation of a professional development program for the team as well as a systematic management plan to assess and measure the performance of each recruiter.
- Upon request, present reports directly to the Board of Trustees, President, and Cabinet, and attend Cabinet and Board meetings when enrollment management items are on the agenda.
- Participate and represent the university in evening and weekend programs related to the recruitment of students and other University events when invited.
- Prepare and manage the Admissions office department budget.
- Facilitate good communications between students, parents, employees, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Work closely with the Vice President for Planning and Finance and the Director of Financial Aid and Student Accounts to lever financial aid and ensure a seamless recruitment process.
- Provide admission data to the Office of Institutional Planning and Financial Services for federal and state reporting purposes as needed.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to ensure proper recruitment messaging, positioning and content are used in Schreiner University publications, social media, and website.
- Collaborate and work with colleagues in Academics, Student Affairs, Athletics, and Marketing to promote recruiting and retention.
- Coordinate the hiring, coaching, training, supervision, and evaluation of Admissions personnel, and maintain an ongoing staff development program.
- Write correspondence and reports for internal and external communication for Admissions.
- Familiarity with admission customer relationship management technology, including JRM, Salesforce, Target X, and reporting tools.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by VP SEM
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Master’s degree in a relevant area preferred, Bachelor’s degree required
- Direct experience in independent college recruitment and financial aid preferred.
- Enrollment marketing and financial aid leveraging experience
- Experience preparing and implementing a budget.
- Management and supervisory experience are required.
- Demonstrated experience working with campus constituents on various levels including students, staff, faculty, and parents.
- Familiarity and ability to learn legal issues related to higher education and enrollment.
- Knowledge of current technology and commitment to enhance enrollment management.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, energy, and focus.
- Ability to organize and coordinate diverse units within an organization.
- Ability to work independently and juggle a variety of tasks at the same time.
- Commitment to effective team building and collaboration with other University sectors.
- High degree of integrity with the ability to handle confidential matters appropriately.
- Must be able to travel; overnight travel required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, related-insurance and a good driving record.
- Maintain University safety rules.