Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform all duties as related to the development and implementation of a highly competitive and successful NCAA D III Softball program as directed by Head Softball Coach.
- Assist in pre-practice preparation.
- Assist in game management as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in all aspects of practice and daily activities, as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in the evaluation and recruiting process of potential student-athletes.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head Softball Coach.
- Maintain University Office Safety – to ensure that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under tables, and chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Ensure that any liquids or food that is kept in the office are not placed within any office equipment area so as not to accidentally damage equipment.
- Communications – Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, campers,
parents and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality – maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Athletic Department. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- College coaching experience preferred (with emphasis on NCAA D-III) but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or above preferred.
- Ability to relate to young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member.
- Know and abide by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, and NCAA.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record. CDL Preferred.
- 10% sitting and 90% walking or moving at the Softball field.