Website Schreiner University
Schreiner University is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Education. This a nine month, tenure track position. Position to start Fall 2019.
- Assist with Certification process and Compliance Reports and Procedures.
- Undergraduate teaching and some online graduate teaching in an M.Ed. or principal program.
- Teach introductory and education methodology courses; 4/4 teaching load.
- Teach Service Learning courses for elementary and secondary reading developed to provide student experience in schools.
- Participate in developing education curricula.
- Serve as an advisor to education majors.
- Participate in university-public school partnership committees.
- Engage in scholarly activity leading to grants, presentations, and publications.
- Participate in service to the department, college, and university.
- Supervise field experiences and clinical teachers.
- The successful candidate must meet the following criteria.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Earned doctorate in Education, ABD will be considered if proposal has been defended and degree will be complete by August 2019.
- Full-time teaching experience in EC-12 school classrooms with exemplary recommendations.
- Successful undergraduate university teaching experience preferred.
- Experience teaching a wide range of education courses for Teacher Certification.
- Experience in teaching reading and content methodology.
- Familiar with certification procedures and policies.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Specialization in Reading.
- Curriculum and Instruction and/or School Leadership or Improvement at the doctoral level.
- Experience with integrating instructional technologies in teaching, including implementing online courses.
- Experience in supervising clinical teachers.
- Knowledge of state accreditation standards and procedures.
Applicants will need to complete an online application, and supply the items below:
In addition to the online application, applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, teaching philosophy, and three professional references. Any additional support materials such as teaching evaluations can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Materials that cannot be submitted electronically may be mailed to:
2100 Memorial Blvd CMB 6233
Kerrville, Texas 78028