Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform all duties associated with an intercollegiate Tennis program under direction of the Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach.
- Assist in game evaluation with specific responsibilities.
- Assist in pre-practice preparation.
- Supervise specific areas of practice as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in recruiting and game management as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assist in all aspects of practice and daily activities, as directed.
- Maintain professional communication skills with all student athletes.
- Knows and abides by the rules and policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, and the NCAA Division III.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach and/or Athletic Director.
- Maintain University Office Safety –to ensure that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under tables, and chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Safety guides and Women’s Tennis program including securing goals and insuring equipment is safe and in good repair.
- Communications – Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, students, parents and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality – maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Athletic Department. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Head Men’s Soccer Coach.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred but not required)
- Collegiate athletic experience
- Ability to relate to young adults
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member
- Ability to travel overnight with and Men and Women’s Tennis team
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, NCAA
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.