SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head Shooting Sports coach, the Assistant Coach must provide strategic leadership and instruction for the shooting program while supporting the wider mission and goals of the University. The Assistant Coach will advocate for the importance of the shooting program within the campus community, as well as the larger Kerrville community, and will serve as a role model of the high standards expected of our students. A successful candidate will have experience recruiting students, as well as cultivating friends of the various programs to meet enrollment and fundraising goals. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity.
- Teach assigned fundamentals and skills during practice and shooting events.
- Using the University’s mission and strategic plan as a guideline to develop and direct the shooting program.
- Ensure an environment that promotes student safety.
- Work with the head coach to monitor progress and eligibility of all students.
- Work with the head coach and admissions staff to establish annual recruitment goals.
- Serve on various campus committees as appointed by the Dean of Students.
- Cultivate positive relationships with students and their families.
- Develop a positive relationship with and play an active role in university and community events and programs.
- Work collaboratively with Student Services and Residence Life staff with respect to student needs and any issues related to student behavior.
- Ensure institutional compliance with the various governing bodies for the shooting program.
- Collaborate with the head in establishing a fundraising plan for shooting program that meets the department’s annual fundraising goals and aligns with the University’s overall fundraising strategy.
- Work with the marketing department to ensure appropriate and accurate branding information is being disseminated.
- Work with the head coach to prepare annual budget for the shooting program.
- Develop practice/training schedules and a training/fitness program as appropriate.
- Ensure the highest ethical, moral, and spiritual standards for all aspects of the University’s athletic programs.
- In coordination with auxiliary services and athletics, promote and manage a summer camp program that helps to achieve the fundraising goals of the department.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by the head coach or athletic director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree, with 3 years’ experience in coaching shotgun sports and hold instructor certifications in one or more of the following NSSA, ATA, NSCA, NRA Shotgun.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing strategic planning.
- Experience in identifying and recruiting student athletes.
- Experienced manager of people and budgets.
- Ability to cultivate alumni and booster participation.
- Proven fund-raising experience to support programs.
- Firm commitment to a student-centered culture and the academic success of students are essential.
- Excellent computer, written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record, obtaining a CDL License will be required.
Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record. Obtaining a CDL Driver’s License will be required within 6 weeks of hiring date.Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.