Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively perform duties associated with building a highly successful women’s basketball program and help create a culture of excellence in everything the program does for student-athletes as directed by Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Must embrace the philosophies and rules of NCAA Division III and the SCAC, under the direction of the Head Coach for Women’s Basketball
- Assist in game evaluation with specific responsibilities.
- Assist in pre-practice preparation.
- Supervise specific areas of practice as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in recruiting and game management as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in all aspects of practice and daily activities, as directed by Head Coach.
- Maintain professional communication skills with all student athletes.
- Assist with specific needs as directed by Head Coach.
- Follow all NCAA rules and regulations as well as those of the SCAC.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by Head Coach and Athletic Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- College degree in related field.
- Collegiate athletic experience preferred.
- Ability to relate to young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member.
- Ability to travel overnight with women’s basketball team.
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, NCAA.
- Coaching license.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, CDL ( Commercial Driver’s License) or willingness to acquire, related insurance and good driving record.
- Out of town overnight travel for inter-collegiate athletic contests, meetings, conferences and recruiting efforts using personal vehicle or university vehicle.
- Weekend and holiday work schedule when necessary.
- Overtime work required during season and post season play/recruiting/meetings.
- 75% walking or standing during season and practice.
- 80% of time at desk during off season.
- Driving of university vans to transport athletes to games.
Submit application for employment using the apply button found on the job application page, cover letter and resume for each position you are interested in.