SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively perform duties associated with building a highly successful Baseball program and help create a culture of excellence in everything the program does for student-athletes as directed by Head Baseball Coach. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity. Must embrace the philosophies and rules of NCAA Division III and the SCAC, under the direction of the Head Coach for Baseball.
- Assist in game evaluation with specific responsibilities.
- Assist in pre-practice preparation.
- Supervise specific areas of practice as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in recruiting and game management as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in all aspects of practice and daily activities, as directed by Head Coach.
- Maintain professional communication skills with all student athletes.
- Assist with specific needs as directed by Head Coach.
- Follow all NCAA rules and regulations as well as those of the SCAC.
- Other duties as directed by the Head Coach.
- Maintain University Office Safety – to ensure that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under tables, and chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Ensure that any liquids or food that is kept in the office are not placed within any office equipment area so as not to accidentally damage equipment.
- Communications – Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, campers,
parents and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality – maintains the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Athletic Department. Does not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work.
- Out of town overnight travel for inter-collegiate athletic contests, meetings, conferences and recruiting efforts using personal vehicle or university vehicle.
- Weekend and holiday work schedule when necessary.
- Overtime work required during season and post season play/recruiting/meetings.
- 75% walking or standing during season and practice.
- 80% of time at desk during off season.
- Driving of university vans to transport athletes to games.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- College coaching experience preferred (with emphasis on NCAA D-III) but not required..
- Ability to relate to young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member.
- Ability to travel overnight with team.
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, NCAA.
- Ability to become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED (automatic external defibrillator)
- Valid Coaching license preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record. Obtaining a CDL Driver’s License will be required.