SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively perform duties associated with building a highly successful baseball program and help create a culture of excellence in everything the program does for student-athletes as directed by Head baseball Coach. The successful candidate should demonstrate and support a commitment and sensitivity to diversity, gender equity, and equal opportunity. Must embrace the philosophies and rules of NCAA Division Ill and the SCAC, under the direction of the Head Coach for baseball.
- Assist in game evaluation with specific responsibilities.
- Assist in pre-practice preparation.
- Supervise specific areas of practice as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in recruiting and game management as directed by Head Coach.
- Assist in all aspects of practice and daily activities, as directed by Head Coach.
- Maintain professional communication skills with all student athletes.
- Assist with specific needs as directed by Head Coach.
- In order to live on campus, must sign and follow all aspects of the Residence Life Housing Contract.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Follow all NCAA rules and regulations as well as those of the SCAC.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Collegiate athletic experience preferred.
- Ability to relate to young adults.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member.
- Ability to travel overnight with team.
- Knows and abides by policies of Schreiner University, SCAC, NCAA.
- Ability to become certified in CPR, First Aid and AED (automatic external defibrillator) Updated annually.
- Valid Coaching license preferred.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record. Obtaining a CDL Driver’s License will be required.