Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer with all aspects of the sports medicine/athletic training program for the university. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and management of athletic injuries
- Injury documentation
- Clinical instruction and supervision of work-study students
- Coverage of practices and competitions
- Interaction with individuals involved with university athletics and student-athlete healthcare
- Daily athletic training room operations
- Coordination of care for visiting athletic teams as needed
- Assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in managing funds by staying within an annual budget and maintaining comprehensive inventory of supplies
- Maintain upkeep and safeguarding of modalities
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and the Director of Athletics
- Occasional early morning and frequent late night hours
- Weekend and holiday work as scheduled
- Out-of-town travel for inter-collegiate athletic contests (when possible) and meeting/conferences
- 75% walking or standing
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Exercise Science or related field
- Master’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Sports Administration, Exercise Science or related field
- Certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification.
- Licensed by the Texas Department of Health or eligible for licensure.
- American Red Cross CPR-Professional Rescuer Certified.
- Strong organization, written, and communication skills; basic computer knowledge.
- Adept in interpersonal skills and able to deal with a variety of people in public relations capacity.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others.
- Ability to supervise work study students in the athletic training room and out at athletic events.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.