SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Admission Counselor/Campus Experience Coordinator will serve, promote, and represent the University as the primary in-house admission counselor responsible for meeting prospective students and families during the fall and spring travel seasons. This position is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for enrollment. This position will provide administrative support with calendar management, office management and budgeting.
This position will manage the campus visit experience for prospective students and families. Responsibilities will include event management, material preparation, data entry, and significant verbal and written communication with members of the campus community, prospective students, and families. Additionally, this position will manage the Student Ambassador Program.
- Serve as the primary in-house admission counselor during peak travel seasons. Responsible for all phases of the admission process and articulating the mission and value of the University to prospective students.
- Oversee the day-to-day campus visit program. Respond to visit inquiries and serve as the main point of contact throughout the pre-visit process. and securing time and travel commitment from campus visitors. Coordinate day visits with academic departments and other areas on campus; work with fielding visit request and preparing materials for visits.
- Oversee the Schreiner Ambassador program; manage interviewing, hiring, and training of the student ambassadors; provide daily supervision of ambassador staff; assign tours; crate and manage the student ambassador schedules, make necessary adjustments throughout the day to accommodate staffing or visitor schedule changes.
- Provide administrative support for the Office of Admission with calendar management, office management and budgeting.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding yearly campus visit goals.
- Develops and deploys communications relevant to the campus visit program to target segments through the funnel.
- Plan and execute the following recruitment events: open houses, college day/night programs, receptions, alumni events, and all other approved functions.
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders on and off the Schreiner University
- Collaborate and communicate professionally and effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, administrators, students, parents, and counselors.
- Facilitate communication among employees, students, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters in the Office of Admission and Financial Aid and adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Other duties as assigned by the AVP
- The position requires the ability to work evenings, partial weekends, and campus visit programs as needed for success.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to set goals, work with tight deadlines, organize and prioritize daily activities, exercise necessary follow-up, and be detail oriented
- Ability to adjust, adapt and persist regardless of setbacks and work independently and as part of a team
- Previous supervision experience
- Event planning experience preferred
- Strong computer skills required. Must have the ability to use the Internet, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Calendar)
- Demonstrated proficiency using a customer relationship management (CRM) system preferred
- Possess an enthusiastic and positive attitude with a strong work ethic and desire to serve others
- Strong communication skills and the ability to listen attentively, convey understanding and persuasively communicate the value of Schreiner’s education to various constituencies.
- Sales and customer ability to “close” campus visits and event participation.
- Use of sound judgment, maturity, and responsibility
- Willingness to work weekends and weekend hours to meet job requirement
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Driving is required; therefore, candidate must have a valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance, and good driving record.