Website Schreiner University
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing support to the Office of Admission with the day-to-day operations; as well as providing support for the following departments that report to the Vice President of Student Recruitment, External Relations, and Marketing and Communication: Advancement, Alumni Relations, Church Relations, Conferences and Events, Development, Marketing and Volunteer Relations.
Under minimal supervision, performs clerical and administrative support activities, including typing, filing, operating office equipment, preparing and entering documents onto electronic and manual records, using computer hardware and software, producing reports, compiling data, organizing resource materials, submitting work orders, database entry, budget tracking, providing general and specific information, directions, referrals, developing schedules and setting up appointments, mailings, and coordinating clerical and administrative activities and processes.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters.
- Draft and prepare correspondence as necessary. Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Maintain appointment schedules and annual calendar of events for the Admission staff.
- Plan, organize and schedule meetings/events for the Admission staff, including but not limited to, registrations, taking RSVP’s, coordinating catering, room scheduling, organizing, and working with outside vendors.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Under direction of Admission staff, assist with the preparation of purchase requisitions, check requests, expense vouchers and monitor budget expenditures.
- Coordinate video and audio conference calls.
- Attend and assist with taking official minutes of meetings.
- Greet visitors, receive and route calls and take messages as necessary.
- Perform word processing, data entry, filing, and general clerical duties.
- Set-up spreadsheets using Microsoft Office Excel.
- Create and run queries and reports in the following databases: Raisers Edge database and (JRM) Jenzabar Recruitment Management database.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment in quality of work.
- Acts to facilitate good communications between employees, clients, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Must work on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Provides back-up support to the Administrative Assistants in all departments that report to the Vice President of Student Recruitment, External Affairs and Marketing and Communications.
- Must have a current valid Texas driver’s license, related insurance and good driving record.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years secretarial or administrative experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of database software (Raiser’s Edge and/or Jenzabar experience a plus.)
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong verbal comprehension and reasoning and attentive and active listening ability.
- Numerical comprehension and reasoning. Ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to use sound judgment, maturity and responsibility when dealing with a variety of persons in a public relations capacity and sensitivity to student needs.