SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of the Title V Grant in all aspects of the grant goals and objectives.
Under direct supervision, performs clerical and administrative support activities, including typing, filing, operating office equipment, preparing and entering documents onto electronic and manual records, using computer hardware and software, producing reports, compiling data, organizing resource materials, submitting work orders, database entry, budget tracking, providing general and specific information, directions, referrals, developing schedules and setting up appointments, mailings, and coordinating clerical and administrative activities and processes.
- Be responsible for coordinating correspondence for the grant.
- Maintain appointment schedules for the grant.
- Plan, organize and schedule various meetings/events for the grant.
- Meet and greet visitors to the office, receive and route calls, take messages as necessary.
- Perform word processing, data entry, light accounting, filing and general clerical duties.
- Set up database tables and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office programs.
- Make hotel, flight, conference reservations and renew memberships for the Director and other grant participants.
- Make travel arrangements and itineraries for candidates.
- Maintain and reconcile credit card statements for the Director.
- Supervise, train, set schedules and verify timecards for work study students.
- Keep up with all maintenance for office equipment and supplies.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the grant.
- Help work studies distribute mail.
- Enter room reservations into Astra for faculty and students.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Act to facilitate good communications between employees, clients, and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Maintain University safety rules.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of general office equipment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in use of software, including word processing spreadsheets, and access. Jenzabar software experience is a plus.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Two (2) years secretarial or clerical experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to use sound judgment, maturity and responsibility when dealing with a variety of persons in a public relations capacity and sensitivity to student needs.