SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to faculty, staff and students in support of the University’s Mission, Vision, and Values. This position provides human resources support and assists with the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department, including but not limited to recruitment and employment, employee relations, performance evaluation, benefits administration, and training. Position will consult with HR staff on complex issues as appropriate.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality concerning all matters. Does not discuss any information obtained through work in the office.
- Greets and screens visitors to the Gus Schreiner Building. Directs them to the appropriate staff member or schedules appointments, as needed.
- Maintains Schreiner One HR page.
- Performs administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner, including but not limited to copying, filing, data entry, correspondence, and mail processing.
- Works overtime as required and as authorized.
- Organizes and orders departmental supplies. Follows procurement policy; enters purchase orders into system.
- Assist with office organization.
- Set up and assign training for employees
- Facilitates on-boarding process by participating in and acting as back-up for new hire orientation; prepares new hire orientation packets.
- Runs reports, compiles and maintains data for various HR-related reports and lists.
- Provides back-up to reconcile monthly benefit statements.
- Worker’s Compensation (WC), as needed
- Follows department protocol regarding the proper handling of WC claims.
- Performs intake of Worker’s Comp injuries and report to the WC carrier.
- Ensures that employment files and proper/legal archival history of the departmental functions is compiled, filed, maintained, and updated on a regular basis for quick and efficient retrieval of archival information and confidentiality.
- Logs performance evaluations received and follow-up with the Supervisor for employees that require a Performance Improvement Plan.
- Enters and maintains records for external constituents.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years relevant experience preferred.
- An understanding of HR and payroll terminology helpful.
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Type a minimum of 60 words per minute.
- Must present professional presence.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and change priorities quickly with professionalism and grace.
- Ability to compose correspondence and produce reports in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use sound judgment, maturity and responsibility when dealing with a variety of persons in a public relations capacity and confidential matters.
- Ability to remain cool under pressure or in the face of unpleasant circumstances.
- Familiarity and expertise with general office equipment.