MAJOR – English
Studying English at Schreiner will help you develop an appreciation of literature, literary techniques and language, as well as a firm command of written expression. Your course work will make you a better reader, writer, and speaker, preparing you for professional careers in rhetoric, law, medicine, business, and education, as well as for graduate study.
Our faculty include dedicated teachers and scholars of literature, rhetoric, and creative writing who work closely with students to foster a love of their subject and the skills necessary to turn that love into a career.
Take a look at these program highlights:
- The Muse – Our journal of creative writing, non-fiction, art, and photography
- Biennial trips to Ireland as part of our partnership with the W. B. Yeats Summer School
- Performances by renown artists through the department’s Texas Coffeehouse Series
- Annual trips to Austin for performances of Shakespeare by Actors from the London Stage
- Sigma Tau Delta Honors Society
Meet your Professors: