Schreiner University’s Principal Certification program is 100% online and can be completed in one of two ways. The first is by completing Schreiner University’s Master of Education program and then proceeding to the Principal Certification program. The second is for students who already hold a masters in an education field. This program is an 18 hour program and includes the TEA required 160 hour practicum aligned with principal standards.
- Students can apply at
- Application fee of $25
- This can be paid online, over the phone, or by check.
- Official final college transcripts
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate
- Verified 2 years of teaching experience in an accredited Pre K-12 school
- Interview with the Director of Graduate Education
Been Accepted? Here are your next steps…
- Complete your FAFSA or TAFSA
- Complete your commitment form on Schreiner One
- If you are choosing to utilize financial aid, complete your financial aid on Schreiner One
- Set up a payment arrangement for and remaining balance
Frequently Asked Questions
Schreiner University is a rolling admission institution. You can expect to hear information about the status of your application within 1 to 2 weeks after all items have been received.
Schreiner One is the admission portal used for all admitted to current students. Once you are accepted, you will receive an email with your login credentials. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive it right away.
Email email@example.com – We can resend your information to the email we have on file.
The Schreiner University Principal Certification program has 2 start dates: Fall (August) and Spring (January).
The Principal Certification program does not qualify for the Schreiner Premier rates and costs $10,278.
Direct admission requires a 3.5 GPA. If you do not meet this requirement, you could qualify for provisional admission.
We would be happy to answer any of your questions!
You will have the opportunity to experience campus on a tour led by a current student as well as meet with a faculty member and one of our admissions team members to talk about your application, scholarships and financial aid! Tours are available Monday through Friday at 10 AM, 1 PM, and 3 PM, and select Saturdays in the Spring.