Schreiner University is dedicated to upholding guest, student, and employee safety while simultaneously providing the opportunity for summer camps and organizations to participate as fully as possible as Texas continues its return to normalcy. To that end, Schreiner University has adopted the following protocols for guests on campus and campus operations:
For Guests on Campus
Schreiner University asks that all visitors participating in summer activities at Schreiner University adhere to the following protocols.
- Maintain good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- When washing hands, wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol can be used.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or crook of the elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands should be washed afterwards.
- Overnight campers should inform their camp coordinator if they develop any symptoms of COVID-19. If any overnight campers test positive for COVID-19, camp coordinators should contact and inform Schreiner University at 830-792-7456.
To further support the safety of visitors participating in summer activities at Schreiner University, the University will:
- Maintain healthy environments by cleaning and disinfecting living spaces, frequently touched surfaces, and shared objects per the CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting.
- Ensure ventilation systems operate properly.
As circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic continue to change, Schreiner University will continue to update this document. If you have any questions about the University’s response to COVID-19, please contact 830-792-7337.
Version 2.1 – May 6, 2021