1. We encourage new students to make payment arrangements prior to Mountaineer Days orientation. These arrangements must be finalized at orientation in order to complete the registration and housing selection processes.
2. Continuing students’ payment arrangements must be made by this deadline or class registration and housing assignments will be forfeited. Fall 2015 deadline: July 1, 2015
3. Students with an outstanding balance from a previous semester must make payment in full to avoid further finance fees and late fees. If payment is not received, the student will not be allowed to attend future classes.
4. CHECK ACCEPTANCE POLICY: All checks written to Schreiner University must be imprinted with name & address of check writer (no temporary checks). We will gladly accept your checks when you provide the following information:
a. Texas Drivers License or Military ID
b. Current Home Address
c. Home phone number
d. Work phone number
5. Checks will be deposited immediately upon receipt. No postdated checks will be accepted. No two party checks will be accepted.
6. Students who owe money to the University will not be "cleared" through The Accounting Services Office to obtain grades, transcripts, diplomas or any other University services.
7. There will be a $45 charge on each returned check.
8. A late charge of $30 will be charged to late payments on payment plans.
9. All students should be prepared to show Schreiner University ID for inquiries on their student account, purchase of meal tickets, check cashing and other services provided by The Accounting Services Office.
10. Personal checks will be cashed for no more than $100.00. Schreiner University checks will be cashed for no more than $100.00.
11. No advances will be given on student accounts.
12. In order to OFFICIALLY withdraw from Schreiner University, you must notify the Registrar's Office IN WRITING before classes begin on August 19, 2015. Failure to do so may result in charges being assessed to your student account.
CREDIT CARD POLICY: Schreiner University recognizes that many students and families appreciate the convenience of using credit or debit cards; therefore the University has made the decision to continue accepting credit and debit cards for payments through CASHNet, our online payment system.
- Schreiner University will accept cash, check, electronic check, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Visa.
- All credit and debit card payments for tuition, fees and room/board will be subject to a 2.75% convenience fee.
- There are no fees charged for electronic checks.
- All credit and debit card payments must be made online. The Accounting Services will no longer accept credit or debit card payments in person or by telephone.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a Convenience Fee?
A convenience fee is a fee charged to a credit or debit card user by the credit card processor. All fees collected on credit or debit card transactions are paid directly to the credit card processor. Schreiner University does not receive any revenue from the fee.
Why are you charging a convenience fee?
In spite of the rising cost of credit and debit card processing fees, Schreiner University continues to accept credit and debit cards. In the past the expense associated with processing credit and debit cards had been paid out of tuition and other revenue; which reduces the dollars available for academic programs and services for all students. Thus, a convenience used by some students was being funded by all students. To be able to continue offering this convenience, the costs associated with processing credit and debit card payments are charged to the credit or debit card user.
How much is the convenience fee?
The convenience fee is 2.75% of the total payment amount. It will be charged to your credit or debit card when you choose the credit card payment option on CASHNet. The fee is non-refundable, even if the payment is refunded.
Will I be charged a convenience fee for purchases made at the Bookstore or the cafeteria?
No, they run independently from The Accounting Services Office and make their own policies.
What credit or debit cards do you accept?
MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Visa.
Can I still make payments by telephone or in person?
The Accounting Services Office cannot take check or credit and debit card information over the phone. You can continue to pay by check via mail or by cash or check in person at The Accounting Services Office. All credit or debit card payments must be made through CASHNet, our online payment system; which offers 24-hour, 7-day-a-week access so you can make a payment when it is convenient for you.
Can I still pay online without paying a convenience fee?
To avoid the convenience fee, you can make online payments directly from your checking or savings account using eCheck (ACH). Simply enter the bank routing and account number on CASHNet.
Do I have to have a CASHNet login to make a payment online?
- Student: will log in to Schreiner One/Students/Financial Information and then click on “Pay using CASHNet ” to make payments.
- Parent: will need to be given access to CASHNet by their student.
How do I set up a Parent PIN?
1. Log on to Schreiner One/Students/Financial Information and then into “Pay using CASHNet”
2. Click on “Add New” in the Parent PINS box on the bottom left side of the page.
3. Fill out the web document. An email will be sent to the parent with a Login and temporary password.
4. Once the parent has received the email with the Login and temporary password, the parent should go to the University’s main website. Click on “Parent Payment Login” at the bottom of the page.
5. Enter your Login and temporary password. The system will require that the password be changed.
What are my methods of payment?
Schreiner University offers several payment methods to students and parents:
- In person in The Accounting Services Office – cash and checks only.
- By mail – checks only.
- Online via CASHNet – electronic eCheck, and credit and debit cards (MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Visa.)
Schreiner University Institutional Refund Policy:
Although financial aid must be returned to federal programs as prescribed by federal regulations, the Schreiner University Tuition Refund Policy does not refund tuition at the same percentages.
Students will be required to pay Schreiner University for any balances owed after the tuition refund and financial aid refunds have been calculated.
Tuition, fees and room charges (excluding commitment fee) are refunded to students who are withdrawing from the University according to the following schedule:
Before classes - 100 percent
First week - 100 percent (minus any points/declining balance dollars used)
Second week - 75 percent (minus any points/declining balance dollars used)
Third week - 50 percent (minus any points/declining balance dollars used)
Fourth week - 25 percent (minus any points/declining balance dollars used)
After fourth week - No refunds after 30 days
Before Classes/first day of classes - 100 percent
First Week - 50 percent
Second Week - 25 percent
After Second Week - Zero -0- percent