Online principal certification - how to become a principal
How can you compete as a professional educator in a difficult economy? At a time when educators face rigorous competition for leadership positions in the teaching and administrative field, Schreiner University Teacher Education offers a new SACSCOC approved 100% online Principal Certification Program. Be prepared to advance in education by completing your principal certification in one semester!
The required 12 hours of course work are presented in an interactive and innovative online format followed by a 3 hour one-on-one internship.
All intern responsibilities are completed under the mentorship of your current school administrator.
Support and assistance is provided through continuous contact with your University Supervisor who will make several visits to your campus to evaluate and discuss your internship and complete formal observations.
EDUC 6312 Educational Leadership for School Effectiveness and Learning Performance
EDUC 6303 Human Resources, Public Scholl Policy, and Administrative Procedures
EDUC 6305 Instructional Leadership
EDUC 6304 Administrator Internship and Certification Preparation
- Online application with $25 application fee
- Official transcripts from the college granting your undergraduate (and graduate, if applicable) degree(s). All transfer information must be listed on the official transcripts. Certified electronic transcripts can be sent from your college to firstname.lastname@example.org or official transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Admission
2100 Memorial Blvd
Kerrville, TX 78028
- In-person or phone interview (can be scheduled directly with Dr. Neva Cramer at NVCramer@schreiner.edu)
- Proof of Teaching Certification (Note: If you are certified in the state of Texas, we can obtain this information for you from TEA after you apply. If you are not certified to teach through Texas, we will need proof of teaching certification.)
- Proof of two years teaching experience (you can ask your HR/Administration to email this information to email@example.com)
• The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
• Texas Education Agency (TEA)
• State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)
"A friend and fellow alumni recommended the Master of Education program at Schreiner University to me and I am thrilled with the results! The professors are on the cutting edge of 21st century educational pedagogy. The knowledge and skills we learned in the program were relevant, meaningful, and easily applicable to my campus work as an academic dean. The hands-on collaborative work done in and out of class and the collegial relationships built during the program helped me bring back revolutionary ideas for learning, teaching and leading today’s, and most importantly, tomorrow’s classrooms. Thanks to the Schreiner program, I feel a sense of purpose and direction, but most importantly confidence in taking a leadership role in perfecting our educational system." —Lisa Gonzalez
"I have been in education for most of my professional career. With the help of the professors at Schreiner University, working in cohort-style classes, I obtained my Master of Education Degree, as well as my principal certification. My parents were not college-educated, but always taught their children to work to attain something better in life. Earning a master’s degree was not only important for me, but also for my family. As a Hispanic rising in the field of education, it was essential to have the opportunity and support to achieve my goals for career success. Schreiner University not only provided the opportunity and support but also the flexibility to fulfill personal duties, such as family, church and other personal obligations. I am now pursuing a Ph.D. at Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio continuing the career advancement path which Schreiner encouraged. I cannot thank Schreiner University enough ... especially the innovative education department professors for their influence and encouragement to always pursue my goals and to never forget to lead by example in any capacity in which I may serve. Schreiner is, indeed, “el aprendizaje del corazón, (the learning of the heart).” —Marcus Tinajero, M.Ed.
For details on all classes and programs, please go to
Schreiner University is a wired and WiFi campus, fully supporting all graduate studies programs.